Friday, July 31, 2009
The American Thinker wrote a revealing commentary on this "Obama Care" photograph that someone at the White House really should have thought a bit more about before releasing. The picture tells you all you need to know about Obama and what he thinks of his campaign supporter, Gates, and most importantly for Americans, how you may expect to be treated during his regime. If this is how he treats his friends, what type of care would you expect under his health care rationing plan? Bear in mind that Gate's employer, Harvard, donated $854,017 to Obama's campaign. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
On the other hand, there are Americans who work at difficult jobs every day, are misunderstood, second-guessed, and judged daily by people who will even call them "stupid." Yet, these Americans, such as Sergeant Crowley, simply perform their duty and help all they can.
This country is in debt to our public servants, Sgt. Crowley and the Boston Police Department come to mind, regardless of who is foolish enough to criticize stand-up Americans.
The majority on the House Energy and Commerce Committee refused to consider an amendment by Health Care Solutions Group Chairman Roy Blunt to require all federal elected officials, including the president, vice-president, and the Congress, to join the government health care plan.
How many Americans would eat in a restaurant where the chef refused to eat the food?
Likewise, Americans should denounce the health care rationing plan when they return to their home districts. Congress would approve health care rationing for the peasants but not for themselves.
New York skyline, eerily similar to the 9/11 attack, on 27 April 2009. The $328,000 flight, when reported, less than credibly, as a photo op, resulted in only one photo that many identified as a graphics-generated image. 146 more photos were available on the Pentagon web site today. None of the photos seem to reflect the live, spontaneous, and frightening experience
of the people who actually witnessed the event.
4th Amendment - Search and Seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
“As an Internment/Resettlement Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will ensure the smooth running of military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility, similar to those duties conducted by civilian Corrections Officers. . . . This will require you to know proper procedures and military law; and have the ability to think quickly in high-stress situations. Specific duties may include assisting with supervision and management operations; providing facility security; providing custody, control, supervision, and escort; and counseling individual prisoners in rehabilitative programs.”
The Specialist is hired handle prisoners in rehabilitatative programs. Since this program is similar to ordinary corrections officers, the question must be who are these specialists guarding? The answer to that question is made clearer by considering Army Regulation 210-35, entitled the “Civilian Inmate Labor Program,” that provides “guidance for establishing and managing civilian inmate labor programs on Army installations."
The conclusion to be drawn is that the National Guard is currently hiring Specialists to inter civilians.
Under National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive (National Security Presidential Directive NSPD 51/Homeland Security Presidential Directive HSPD-20, or called simply “Executive Directive 51″ for short), signed by George W. Bush on 4 May 2007, the government has the authority to declare a national emergency and impose martial law. NSPD 51 grants extraordinary police state powers to the White House and Homeland Security, presumably including detention of a large number of people as established under these military programs.
On 30 July, CNN reported that the U.S. military is gearing up to get involved in the H1N1 swine flu outbreak promised to strike later this year.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Pandemic Flu Checklist for Individuals
July 30, 2009 · Filed under Flu
From the CDC.gov Pandemic Flu Checklist for Individuals:
You can prepare for an influenza pandemic now. You should know both the magnitude of what can happen during a pandemic outbreak and what actions you can take to help lessen the impact of an influenza pandemic on you and your family. This checklist will help you gather the information and resources you may need in case of a flu pandemic.
1.To plan for a pandemic:
◦Store a two week supply of water and food. During a pandemic, if you cannot get to a store, or if stores are out of supplies, it will be important for you to have extra supplies on hand. This can be useful in other types of emergencies, such as power outages and disasters.
◦Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
◦Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
◦Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
◦Volunteer with local groups to prepare and assist with emergency response.
◦Get involved in your community as it works to prepare for an influenza pandemic.
2.To limit the spread of germs and prevent infection:
◦Teach your children to wash hands frequently with soap and water, and model the correct behavior.
◦Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, and be sure to model that behavior.
◦Teach your children to stay away from others as much as possible if they are sick. Stay home from work and school if sick.
3.Items to have on hand for an extended stay at home:
Examples of food and non-perishables
◦Ready-to-eat canned meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, beans, and soups
◦Protein or fruit bars
◦Dry cereal or granola
◦Peanut butter or nuts
◦Canned or jarred baby food and formula
Examples of medical, health, and emergency supplies
◦Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose and blood-pressure monitoring equipment
◦Soap and water, or alcohol-based (60-95%) hand wash
◦Medicines for fever, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
◦Fluids with electrolytes
Other non-perishable items
◦Manual can opener
◦Tissues, toilet paper, disposable diapers
I would add a few things to that list:
Disposable latex (or neoprene) gloves in the event that you have to care for a sick family member.
Bleach, Lysol, other disinfecting agents to clean up vomit/waste.
Obama’s repeated demonstrations of his amateurism and immaturity.
Thomas Sowell does not often receive a great deal of attention but he is well worth reading and considering.
"Tank man" blocks a column of tanks heading east on Beijing's Chang'an Boulevard (Avenue of Eternal Peace) near Tiananmen Square during the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. This photo was taken from the sixth floor of the Beijing Hotel, about half a mile away, through a 400mm lens.
Graphic source: 5 June 1989, Jeff Widener (The Associated Press).
A number of sources have confirmed that the national flag of the People's Republic of China (PRC) will be hoisted at the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on 20 September.
The date is in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the founding of PRC.
The event is said to celebrate the friendship, magnanimous spirit, and kindness of the Chinese.
There seems to be few public recollections about the Tianamen Square massacre in which protesters erected the Goddess of Democracy; in addition, there were no American government commemorations this past June during the anniversary of the massacre.
If Americans do not recall Tianamen they certainly will not heed Washington's statement that we should avoid "entangling alliances." As Jefferson promoted our interests he stated:
“Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none, I deem [one of] the essential principles of our government, and consequently [one of] those which ought to shape its administration.”
Thomas Jefferson, 1st Inaugural Address, 1801
“America goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.... She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standards of freedom.”
John Quincy Adams, 1821
Americans are asked to place their personal medical records online; their communication may be monitored but no one dare look at Obama's file.
What is in his file? Perhaps there is no long form birth certificate.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Thank you for contacting me regarding health care reform. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
The U.S. health care system is the best in the world, spurring advancements in new medical treatments and technologies. Such innovation helps physicians treat and prevent diseases better than ever before, eradicates once fatal epidemics, and helps Americans lead longer, healthier lives.
Despite these advances, millions of Americans struggle to find affordable health insurance options. From 1999 to 2008, the average cost of a family health plan increased by 119 percent from $5,791 to $12,680. Meanwhile, workers' wages increased 34 percent during the same nine-year period. Ensuring access to quality, affordable health care is a laudable goal. I support targeted solutions that lower health care costs and improve health care by building upon, not completely dismantling, our health care system.
Unfortunately, many of the proposals being considered in the U.S. Senate will make health insurance more expensive, jeopardize Arizonans' current coverage, and expand the government's control over health care. While you will not find the words "ration," "withhold coverage," or "delay access to care" in the pending plans, that is what will result from the web of federally-dictated insurance reforms, new legal obligations, and provider reimbursement schemes that are part of them. Such policies centralize the power of medical decisions with politicians and bureaucrats, not patients and doctors, and they will result in the delay or denial of care.
There are three main problems with the Majority party's proposals: the implementation of a government-run insurance plan, the use of comparative effectiveness research, and spending.
Government-Run Insurance Plan:
First, the Majority's proposals would create a new, government-run health insurance plan to compete against private insurance plans. The argument is that a government-run plan would give consumers a better range of choices and make the health care market more competitive -- "keep the insurance companies honest," as the President put it. However, well-respected, independent analysis provides evidence to the contrary. For one thing, a government-run plan would be subsidized by the taxpayers, giving the government plan a huge advantage over competitors. Yet, even government resources are not unlimited. To save money after tens of millions of people are added to the public plan, the government would cut reimbursement to doctors and hospitals, exacerbating the difficulty Arizonans' already encounter in trying to schedule doctor appointments. To make up for low government reimbursements to providers, insurance companies would have to charge more for private insurance, making it less attractive than the government plan.
Over time, there will only be room for the government plan according to the respected Lewin Group, as 119 million Americans would lose their current coverage. Remember, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were designed as independent "government-sponsored enterprises" to complement the private mortgage market. Now, Fannie and Freddie account for a combined share of 73 percent of mortgage originations in the second half of 2008. The two "government-sponsored enterprises" are now effectively owned and run by the federal government, after having sustained losses of over $100 billion last year alone. A Washington-run health care plan will do to the health care market what Fannie and Freddie did to the housing market.
Comparative Effectiveness Research
Second, the Majority's plan would create a new research entity to conduct so-called comparative effectiveness research (CER). CER is a mechanism used by medical professionals to provide information on the relative strengths and weaknesses of various procedures and treatments. In the hands of doctors, medical researchers, and other health professionals, CER can help patients and their own doctors make informed health care decisions. However, in the hands of government, CER can become a tool to delay or deny care. For example, the National Institute for Health and Clinical Effectiveness in Britain uses "cost-effectiveness research" to make health care decisions. By basing treatment decisions on cost rather than need, Britain prescribes fewer cancer drugs than any of the other big five European nations; its patients therefore have the lowest survival rate according to a May edition of National Review. The UK's system provides only half of the care for end-stage renal disease patients that we do in the United States. Obviously, such rationing of care is not something we should replicate in the United States.
It is telling that none of the Majority's proposals in Congress would bar the federal government from using CER to deny access to care. In fact, when I offered an amendment in April to explicitly bar the use of CER to ration care, it was defeated on a near party-line vote. I have now introduced a free standing bill to ensure that any information obtained through CER cannot be used to deny access to care. The Preserving Access to Targeted, Individualized, and Effective New Treatments and Service (PATIENTS) Act of 2009 (S. 1259) will protect the doctor-patient relationship and ensure access to the highest quality medical care. I will fight at every opportunity to ensure that any health care reform plan the Senate considers later this year protects patients' access to care.
Finally, the Majority's plans would cost between $1 trillion and $2 trillion, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. But even that may understate the true cost. Consider that Massachusetts enacted near universal health insurance in 2006, and costs have exploded, doubling from $630 million in 2007 to an estimated $1.3 billion just two years later. To deal with those costs, the state has decided to slow enrollment of beneficiaries and eliminate dental coverage for its poorest residents. A special commission, which was established by the state legislature, has now recommended limiting coverage to those health care services that government deems to be cost-effective -- just like government-run health systems in other nations such as Canada and Great Britain do.
Furthermore, the plans would be financed by a combination of new taxes and cuts in Medicare spending, hurting seniors' access to care. The Medicare Trust Fund is expected to reach bankruptcy by 2017. Taking money from one program with urgent solvency problems, such as Medicare, to fund a huge expansion of health care benefits for others is not sensible.
I believe in the right of every American to choose the doctor, hospital, and insurance plan of his or her choice. No Washington bureaucrat should interfere with that right or substitute the government's judgment for that of a physician. Any health reform proposal should adhere to these principles.
I appreciate your sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please stay in touch.
United States Senator
Jacobson vs. Massachusetts).
Jacobson believed that the scientific basis for vaccination was unsound and that he would suffer if he was vaccinated. The Supreme Court examined the issue of whether involuntary vaccination violated Jacobson's "'inherent right of every freeman to care for his own body and health in such way as seems to him best . . . " The Court bifurcated this question, first considering the right of the state to invade Jacobson's person by forcing him to submit to vaccination:
This court has more than once recognized it as a fundamental principle that "persons and property are subjected to all kinds of restraints and burdens, in order to secure the general comfort, health, and prosperity of the State; of the perfect right of the legislature to do which no question ever was, or upon acknowledged general principles ever can be made, so far as natural persons are concerned."' (at 26)
The Court interpreted the social contract where the individual must give up some personal freedom in exchange for the benefits of being in a civilized society. Jacobson sought to enjoy the benefit of his neighbors being vaccinated without personally accepting the risks inherent in vaccination. The Court rejected Jacobson's claim which it viewed as an attempt to be a free-rider on society.
The Court next considered Jacobson's right to contest the scientific basis of the Massachusetts vaccination requirement. Accepting that some reasonable people still questioned the efficacy of vaccination, the Court nonetheless found that it was within the legislature's prerogative to adopt one from many conflicting views on a scientific issue. The Court ruled that the state may choose scientifically questionable grounds for vaccination but the right of the individual to refuse the government is not possible.
In addition, as reported by CNS News earlier this month, a health-care rationing bill approved by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee called The Affordable Health Choices Act, will fund the creation of state “intervention” teams that will carry out home visits in order to check that both children and adults have been vaccinated and also provide “provision of immunizations.”
“Home visits" will be made by the state and will send representatives to “implement interventions” in private homes designed “to improve immunization coverage of children.”
By placing combat troops amongst Americans these type of measures will be enforced. Americans, for example, who opposed the FEMA occupation of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, had their weapons seized.
And recently, the U.S. Northern Command (Northcom) was assigned its own fighting unit-–the Army’s 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team, which had been fighting in Iraq for five years before that. The U.S. will be confronting combat veterans on the streets and homes of America. In violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, and out of keeping with one of the conditions sparking the American Revolution, troops will be deployed amongst civilians. As reported on this blog for some time, soldiers have been appearing at the Boston Marathon, at the Kentucky Derby, at the last Inauguration, and in routine murder investigations. This desensitization to un-American activities, has conditioned Americans to accept combat troops on the streets and highways as a part of everyday life.
The question to consider is why is it that first-responders, police, National Guard, Homeland Security, the FBI, and all ordinary and typical American means are now exceeded by placing even combat-hardened military troops to handle Americans? What is the government expecting? Why do Americans require such man-handling as is typical of banana republics and countries that are collapsing?
This development is absolutely unprecedented in American history when troops were called up under only the most extreme conditions such as during the Civil Rights struggle, war demonstrations, and the occupation of the South after the Civil War.
HR 8791 Homeland Preparedness Bill:
Rep-PA. John Haller introduces bill bringing martial law to the U.S.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The AARP has joined in with the euthanasia effort to rid the country of older Americans. The controversial health rationing bill includes a counseling plan to end the lives of those citizens thought to have lived beyond their usefulness. An effort has been organized to call AARP and protest their action. Their main number is listed at the end of this blog.
SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION.
(1) IN GENERAL.—Section 1861 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395x) is amended—
(A) in subsection (s)(2)—(i) by striking ‘‘and’’ at the end of subparagraph (DD); (ii) by adding ‘‘and’’ at the end of subparagraph (EE); and (iii) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:425
(FF) advance care planning consultation (as defined in subsection (hhh)(1));’’ and (B) by adding at the end the following new subsection: ‘‘Advance Care Planning Consultation ‘‘(hhh)(1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the term ‘advance care planning consultation’ means a consultation between the individual and a practitioner described in paragraph (2) regarding advance care planning, if, subject to paragraph (3), the individual involved has not had such a consultation within the last 5 years.
Such consultation shall include the following:
(A) An explanation by the practitioner of advance care planning, including key questions and considerations, important steps, and suggested people to talk to.
(B) An explanation by the practitioner of advance directives, including living wills and durable
powers of attorney, and their uses.
(C) An explanation by the practitioner of the role and responsibilities of a health care proxy.
(D) The provision by the practitioner of a list of national and State-specific resources to assist consumers and their families with advance care planning, including the national toll-free hotline, the advance care planning clearinghouses, and State legal service organizations (including those funded through the Older Americans Act of 1965).
(E) An explanation by the practitioner of the continuum of end-of-life services and supports available, including palliative care and hospice, and benefits for such services and supports that are available under this title.
(F)(i) Subject to clause (ii), an explanation of
orders regarding life sustaining treatment or similar orders, which shall include—
(I) the reasons why the development of such an order is beneficial to the individual and the individual’s family and the reasons why such an order should be updated periodically as the health of the individual changes;
(II) the information needed for an individual or legal surrogate to make informed decisions regarding the completion of such an order; and
(III) the identification of resources that an individual may use to determine the requirements of the State in which such individual resides so that the treatment wishes of that individual will be carried out if the individual is unable to communicate those wishes, including requirements regarding the designation of a surrogate decision maker (also known as a health care proxy).
(ii) The Secretary shall limit the requirement for explanations under clause (i) to consultations
furnished in a State—
(I) in which all legal barriers have been addressed for enabling orders for life sustaining treatment to constitute a set of medical orders respected across all care settings; and
(II) that has in effect a program for orders for life sustaining treatment described in
(iii) A program for orders for life sustaining treatment for a States described in this clause is a
(I) ensures such orders are standardized and uniquely identifiable throughout the State;
(II) distributes or makes accessible such orders to physicians and other health professionals that (acting within the scope of the professional’s authority under State law) may sign orders for life sustaining treatment;
(III) provides training for health care professionals across the continuum of care about the goals and use of orders for life sustaining treatment; and
(IV) is guided by a coalition of stakeholders includes representatives from emergency medical services, emergency department physicians or nurses, state long-term care association, state medical association, state surveyors, agency responsible for senior services, state department of health, state hospital association, home health association, state bar association, and state hospice association.
(2) A practitioner described in this paragraph is—
(A) a physician (as defined in subsection (r)(1)); and
(B) a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant who has the authority under State law to sign
orders for life sustaining treatments.
(3)(A) An initial preventive physical examination under subsection (WW), including any related discussion during such examination, shall not be considered an advance care planning consultation for purposes of applying the 5-year limitation under paragraph (1).
(B) An advance care planning consultation with respect to an individual may be conducted more frequently than provided under paragraph (1) if there is a significant change in the health condition of the individual, including diagnosis of a chronic, progressive, life-limiting disease, a
life-threatening or terminal diagnosis or life-threatening injury, or upon admission to a skilled nursing facility, along-term care facility (as defined by the Secretary), or a hospice program.
(4) A consultation under this subsection may include the formulation of an order regarding life sustaining treatment or a similar order.
(5)(A) For purposes of this section, the term ‘order regarding life sustaining treatment’ means, with respect to an individual, an actionable medical order relating to the treatment of that individual that—
(i) is signed and dated by a physician (as defined in subsection (r)(1)) or another health care
professional (as specified by the Secretary and who is acting within the scope of the professional’s authority under State law in signing such an order, including a nurse practitioner or physician assistant) and is in a form that permits it to stay with the individual and be followed by health care professionals and providers across the continuum of care;
(ii) effectively communicates the individual’s preferences regarding life sustaining treatment, including an indication of the treatment and care desired by the individual;
(iii) is uniquely identifiable and standardized within a given locality, region, or State (as identified by the Secretary); and
(iv) may incorporate any advance directive (as defined in section 1866(f)(3)) if executed by the individual.
(B) The level of treatment indicated under subparagraph (A)(ii) may range from an indication for full treatment to an indication to limit some or all or specified interventions. Such indicated levels of treatment may include indications respecting, among other items—
(i) the intensity of medical intervention if the patient is pulse less, apneic, or has serious cardiac
or pulmonary problems;
(ii) the individual’s desire regarding transfer to a hospital or remaining at the current care set21
(iii) the use of antibiotics; and
(iv) the use of artificially administered nutrition and hydration
PAYMENT.—Section 1848(j)(3) of such Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w-4(j)(3)) is amended by inserting
(2)(FF),’’ after ‘‘(2)(EE),’’.
(3) FREQUENCY LIMITATION.—Section 1862(a)of such Act (42 U.S.C. 1395y(a)) is amended—
(A) in paragraph (1)—
(i) in subparagraph (N), by striking and’’ at the end;
(ii) in subparagraph (O) by striking the semicolon at the end and inserting “and”; and
(iii) by adding at the end the following
(P) in the case of advance care planning consultations (as defined in section1861(hhh)(1)), which are performed more frequently than is covered under such section; and
(B) in paragraph (7), by striking ‘‘or (K)’’and inserting ‘‘(K), or (P)’’.
(4) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this subsection shall apply to consultations furnished on or after January 1, 2011.
(b) EXPANSION OF PHYSICIAN QUALITY REPORTING
INITIATIVE FOR END OF LIFE CARE.—
1 (1) PHYSICIAN’S QUALITY REPORTING INITIATIVE.—Section 1848(k)(2) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w–4(k)(2)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraphs:
(3) PHYSICIAN’S QUALITY REPORTING INITIATIVE.—
(A) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of reporting data on quality measures for covered professional services furnished during 2011 and any subsequent year, to the extent that measures are available, the Secretary shall include quality measures on end of life care and advanced care planning that have been adopted or endorsed by a consensus-based organization, if appropriate. Such measures shall measure both the creation of and adherence to orders for life sustaining treatment.
(B) PROPOSED SET OF MEASURES.— The Secretary shall publish in the Federal Register proposed quality measures on end of life care and advanced care planning that the Secretary determines are described in subparagraph (A) and would be appropriate for eligible professionals to use to submit data to the Secretary. The Secretary shall provide for a period of public comment on such set of measures before finalizing such proposed measures.’’
c) INCLUSION OF INFORMATION IN MEDICARE & YOU HANDBOOK.—
(1) MEDICARE & YOU HANDBOOK.—
(A) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the
Secretary of Health and Human Services shall update the online version of the Medicare &You Handbook to include the following:
(i) An explanation of advance care planning and advance directives, including—
(I) living wills;
(II) durable power of attorney;
(III) orders of life-sustaining treatment; and
(IV) health care proxies.
(ii) A description of Federal and State resources available to assist individuals and their families with advance care planning and advance directives, including—
(I) available State legal service organizations to assist individuals with advance care planning, including those organizations that receive funding pursuant to the Older Americans Act of 1965 (42 U.S.C. 93001 et seq.);
(II) website links or addresses for State-specific advance directive forms; and
(III) any additional information, as determined by the Secretary.
Here is the toll-free number:
1-888-OUR-AARP in other words: 1-888-687-2277.
Resistance to Health Care Rationing is building.
Once the manufactured town hall meetings are over the politicians are coming home to face us; let us hope most of us will have the fortitude to press them for answers.
Monday, July 27, 2009
The only thing "stupid" about the case is that a racist might hear about it and state that the police acted poorly.
In addition, the police who responded, and when they were dispatched the race was unknown, one suspect was described as "possibly Hispanic"
but race was not a factor in the dispatch. The Cambridge Officer dispatched notes: "He is not cooperative." Gates was his own worst enemy.
Gates has been at it for some time. Gates spoke in a church speech in 1996
where he uses the N-word, rants against "racist historically white institutions in America" and accuses Newt Gingrich of attempting to block blacks from entering the middle class.
"We are trying to end what we call the one n-gger syndrome–you know, this place ain't big enough for more than one of us,"said Gates in the video, filmed in the All Souls Church in Washington, D.C.
"We in the academy have to know that our people, those of us who practice African-American studies, have to know that our people are under assault," Gates said.
He continued: "Newt Gingrich can come in, that Contract for America is serious. You know what those guys have said? 'Somehow, while we were asleep, all you white women and all you black people got into the middle class.'
"'We are not sure how it happened. But the first thing we are going to do is we are going to shake the tree and any of y'all who can't hold on, you're all going back. And the second thing, we are going to set up barriers so no more of you all can get in here.'"
"I was able to go to Yale University because they were trying to diversify themselves," he said. "Because of racism I never would have been allowed to compete on a more or less level terrain with white boys and white girls.
"What we're trying to do is end 'your mamma' and 'your daddy criticism,' which is what African-Americans quite frankly have mastered in for 250 years," he said.
In clearly racially divisive remarks, Gates blasted the state of North Carolina, drawing applause when he exclaimed, "I don't even like the airplane to fly over North Carolina."
One audience member yelled out that American jazz great John Coltrane was born in North Carolina.
"Oh, that's true. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," said Gates. "And they got good barbeque, too. So maybe it's OK."
He should be taken at his own word, on his Yale application he wrote:
"As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."
Sunday, July 26, 2009
The bill refers to: "A hospital or a nursing facility or intermediate-care facility for the mentally retarded . . ."
The phrase is a rehash of the controversy with advocate groups for the developmentally disabled, who were angered when Obama referred to his poor bowling skills on "The Tonight Show" as "like the Special Olympics."
Barry Soetoro achieved a double-digit disapproval rating; the timing is appropriate, he hit his new law in time for his birthday, or is is his birthday? Or, who is he? We still do not know. Perhaps he will release the forged long form birth certificate in time for 4 August.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
The continuing decline of Barry continues: the Rasmussen report demonstrates his largest disapproval rating yet: -9 points. After my last Rasmussen post I noted that I believe Soetoro is working on double-digit disapproval. I believe this is the biggest crash in Washington, D.C. since the fall of the First Teleprompter.
One of summary statements in the report is critically important:
If, in 1961, 17 year old Ann Dunham gave birth to a child on foreign soil whose father was not an American citizen, then the Immigration and Nationality Act at that time denied Barack Obama any right to American citizenship of any kind. Therefore if at the time of his birth Obama was ineligible for American citizenship of any kind, then he cannot be a “natural-born citizen”. This is true even if the Immigration and Nationality Act was changed 33 years after he was born. Even if the law was retroactively changed to grant citizenship (but not “natural-born” citizenship) to some of those who had at birth been denied it. If a person is not at the time of his birth an American citizen, he cannot be a natural-born citizen. Therefore, that person is ineligible under Article II, Section1 for the Office of President of the United States.
There is no possibility whatsoever that Obama is a natural born citizen and therefore qualified to be president.
Friday, July 24, 2009
"Is ACORN Intentionally Structured As A Criminal Enterprise?" has been released.
Are Americans really in favor of this:
* All American citizens being ordered to have a National ID Card (page 58)
* US government to have immediate access to every American citizens bank accounts (page 59)
* All property owned by Doctors in the US to be determined by government (page 317)
* All American citizens ordered to give the US government power of attorney over their living wills (page 425)
* The US government given a new power to determine who and how their citizens die (page 427)
* End of Life plan for each American citizen ordered by the government (page 429)
* US government to decide on who, and who can’t be married (page 489)
And, here are more summary points:
Pg 22 of the HC Bill mandates the Government will audit books of all employers that self insure. Can you imagine what that will do to small businesses? Every one will abandon “self insurance” and go on Government insurance. So when Obama says that there will still be private health care, it’s simply a lie: this mandate will force employers to abandon their private plans
Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC bill – a Government committee (good luck with that!) will decide what treatments/benefits a person may receive.
Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE WILL BE RATIONED! (We all knew this, because health care is rationed in Canada and Britain, but Obama kept saying it would not be).
Pg 42 of HC Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You will have no choice!
PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill – HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.
Pg 58 HC Bill – Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!
Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your bank accts for election funds transfer
PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations (read: ACORN).
Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Government will create an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.
PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill – Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange.
PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specifics of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your Healthcare!
PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill – Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example – Translation for illegal aliens.
Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups, i.e. ACORN & Americorps, to sign up individuals for Government HC plan.
PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specifics of Benefit Levels for Plans. AARP members – your Health care WILL be rationed.
-PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill – Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.
pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue Government on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly.
pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors/ AMA – The Government will tell YOU what you can earn.
Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE.
Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.
Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll $400k & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.
pg 150 Lines 9-13 Businesses with payroll between $251k & $400k who don’t provide public option pay 2-6% tax on all payroll.
Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.
Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay.)
Pg 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of HC Admin (the GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans’ finances and personal records.
PG 203 Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that.
Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.
Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill – Doctors – doesn’t matter what specialty – will all be paid the same.
PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of Doctor’s time, professional judgment, etc. Literally, value of humans.
PG 265 Sec 1131Government mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries.
PG 268 Sec 1141 Federal Government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.
PG 272 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!
Page 280 Sec 1151 The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable readmissions.
Pg 298 Lines 9-11 Doctors who treat a patient during initial admission that results in a readmission – Government will penalize you.
Pg 317 L 13-20 OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Government tells Doctors what/how much they can own.
Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion – Government will mandate hospitals cannot expand.
pg 321 2-13 Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can u say ACORN?!
Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 – Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures which of course forces health care rationing.
Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc., forcing people into Government plan.
Pg 354 Sec 1177 – Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!
Pg 379 Sec 1191 Government creates more bureaucracy – Telehealth Advisory Committee. HC by phone.
PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultations. Think Senior Citizens end of life prodding.
Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Government will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!
PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in how to die.
PG 427 Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends.
Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An “advanced care planning consultant” will be used frequently as patients’ health deteriorates.
PG 429 Lines 10-12 “advanced care consultation” may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from the Government to end a life!
Pg 429 Lines 13-25 – The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order
PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.
Pg 469 – Community Based Home Medical Services/Non profit orgs. (ACORN Medical Services here?)
Page 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION. 1 monthly payment to a community-based organization. (Like ACORN?)
PG 489 Sec 1308 The Government will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into our marriages.
Pg 494-498 Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services. You’d better speak up now before you are on the “advanced care consultation” list.
Obama is in trouble; the only thing Roland Martin can say in defense is that Obama is president. He side-steps the issue of documentation entirely. His body language is revealing as well. He is angry that any one dare question Soetoro at all. Martin can barely control himself even when Dobbs tries to calm him down: really infantile. Martin's position is simply indignation, not a reasoned, rational response. In his histrionic response it is difficult to understand Martin but I believe he says at one point that this is simply "just a law," the point is irrelevant. The Constitution is not just a law and we must adhere to a rule of law and not of men or we will face the consequences.
Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution states:
“No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
The proposed legislation is reasonable. Since proper procedure was not followed this time, in order to prevent this travesty from happening again, the law should pass. We need to verify candidates for the presidency, and have a clear procedure in place, to properly vet candidates. Most likely the reasons people dropped the ball in Obama's case is: 1) the Democrats did not highlight the issue for fear of disqualifying Soetoro; 2) the media did not investigate the issue because of their love affair with Obama; and 3) the usual vetting process that worked in the past do not apply anymore. As a demographically changing America we can not assume a faithfulness to this country and its ideals any more. The challenge for the founders was to create a Republic of Americans. In the intervening period, American politicians have sold our birthright to the highest bidders: China, Saudi Arabia, and other international interests.
LOU DOBBS: And the left-wing media launching an all-out attack against me because I simply called for transparency on the issue of the president’s birth certificate and said the president is a U.S. citizen. A comment, by the way, that was not quoted by the left-wing media. We’ll examine this controversy in our face-off debate here tonight.
DOBBS: I think the president of the United States is a citizen. But what I don’t understand is why he hasn’t just produced it to get this — this noise out of the way.
I believe Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States, folks. Don’t you? But I do have a couple of little questions, like you. Why not just provide a copy of the birth certificate? That’s entirely within the president’s power to do so. Then, all of this nonsense goes away.
I don’t know what the reality is. Do I believe he is a citizen? Yes, I do, absolutely, but I — I would think it would be a nice thing to produce that birth certificate.
DOBBS: Isn’t it interesting not a single outlet in the left-wing national media, just that little part of the national media, chose to include a single one of those quotes from me? We will have much more on the issue of the president’s birth certificate in our face-off debate — next.
DOBBS: President Obama promised transparency and openness in his administration. Yet, he’s chosen not to release his original birth certificate or a copy of it. And a number of Americans are asking, why not? The left-wing media has attacked me because I simply asked the question.
Meanwhile, the state of Hawaii says it can’t release a paper copy of the president’s original birth certificate because they say the state government discarded the original document when the health department records went electronic some eight years ago.
That explanation, however, has not satisfied some critics.
DOBBS: Joining me now, Roland Martin. He’s CNN contributor, syndicated columnist. And joining us as well, Congressman Ted Poe. Before we get started, I want to be clear where I stand, because the — the left-wing media kind of forgot to leave out — kind of left a few things out. It was inconvenient to their stories. Just — just one statement, very quickly, if you will. Play that.
DOBBS: I think the president of the United States is a citizen. But what I don’t understand is why he hasn’t just produced it to get this — this noise out of the way. I believe Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States, folks. Don’t you? But I do have a couple of little questions, like you. Why not just provide a copy of the birth certificate? That’s entirely within the president’s power.
DOBBS: Why not? That’s the question, Roland Martin. What’s the answer?
ROLAND MARTIN, CNN CONTRIBUTOR: Well, first and foremost, he’s produced the document he received from the state of Hawaii.
MARTIN: Now, you are saying, where’s the original? According to the state of Hawaii, that is the document that establishes where he was born. So, what is the issue?
DOBBS: So, you don’t think…
DOBBS: So, you don’t think the president has a copy?
MARTIN: No, but what is the issue?
DOBBS: Well, the issue is…
MARTIN: I mean, he’s the president. He’s been certified. He’s in office.
DOBBS: Well, he’s a president. I mean, he’s not like a — I mean, you make it sound like he’s been anointed something beyond that.
MARTIN: No, no, he’s a president of the United States, the 44th.
DOBBS: Yes. Yes.
MARTIN: So, what — what is the point? I mean, exactly where is the story in this? If he has presented a document, the state of Hawaii has confirmed that — that he was indeed born there, what’s the issue?
DOBBS: Ted Poe, Congressman, what’s the — what’s the issue?
REP. TED POE (R), TEXAS: Well, the president has not produced a birth certificate. He has produced what is a birth announcement from the state of Hawaii. And this could all be settled if he would just produce the birth certify call. And that’s why we have introduced legislation that, in future elections, that the president prove that he is a resident for 14 years, that he’s over 35, and that he’s a native-born American. And that applies to everybody, and we get rid of all this controversy, and we move on down the road.
MARTIN: Congressman, it’s nonsense. First of all, you were a state judge in Texas. I was born and raised in Houston. I remember seeing your stories all the time. My dad, when I got him got a passport, he didn’t have his original birth certificate. He went to the Houston Department of Health and got a copy of his birth certificate. It satisfied his passport, satisfied the State Department. So, how can you say that’s legitimate; oh, but the president has not presented what the state of Hawaii said is an official document with their seal on it?
POE: Because it is not a birth certificate. It’s not even a copy of the birth certificate. It is a birth announcement. It is like me sending out a birth announcement for one of my children…
MARTIN: No. What is in the newspaper is a birth announcement.
POE: And that’s what it is.
MARTIN: That is an official document. What is in the newspaper is a birth announcement, Congressman. Come on.
DOBBS: Let — let — if I may interject…
DOBBS: … do we have a — could we just put up a copy of that certificate — certificate of live birth? What you are looking at there, which I believe is the copy that comes from FactCheck.org or Annenberg, there’s no reference there to the attending physician. There’s no reference there to the hospital in which he was born. It is a certificate that refers to the fact that another certificate exists.
MARTIN: Is it an official state document?
DOBBS: I’m sorry?
MARTIN: Is it an official state document of the state of Hawaii?
DOBBS: Well, let me try this again, so I can be really clear about it. It is a document that says there’s another document. It does not include that — you are referring to your father’s birth certificate. A copy of his birth certificate would have the doctor, the hospital that he was born in, correct? And this is the — and, by the way, this is just what people are concerned about.
MARTIN: No, no, whose people, first of all? You got 13 percent…
DOBBS: … 600,000 people who have signed a petition.
MARTIN: Six hundred thousand. Thirteen percent of Americans, 39 million, still think he is Muslim. And we have done everything, Lou, to debunk that as an absolute lie. So, it is irrelevant.
DOBBS: OK. If you want to make it irrelevant, that’s fine.
POE: Well, I don’t know why you are getting so…
DOBBS: Yes, go ahead, Congressman.
POE: Well, I don’t know why you are getting so upset.
MARTIN: Because, Congressman, you probably — because you probably have better things to do, Congressman, than this silly little law here.
POE: … certificate for McCain. They were — your side was…
MARTIN: No, no, no, no, Congressman. Congressman, let me correct you with something.
POE: And, so, he produced his birth certificate..
MARTIN: Congressman, I want to…
POE: … territories of Arizona.
MARTIN: Congressman, Congressman, nice try. But, first of all, I voted Republicans and Democrats. So, don’t try the “your side.”
MARTIN: I thought the left-wing people were nuts as well. I just want to correct you on that one.
POE: Why are you so upset? Produce the birth certificate. That’s all you have got to do.
MARTIN: No, no, because it is silly. It is silly.
MARTIN: It’s silly.
MARTIN: Are you losing sleep over this?
DOBBS: Look, Roland, look, Roland…
MARTIN: I mean, Lou, are you losing sleep over this?
DOBBS: Roland, here’s what I would like you to do. I would like you to remember, if you would — and I’m — and I’m trying to be as nice as I can be, but you are yelling and you’re getting awfully excited about something that, you know, doesn’t require this level of…
MARTIN: Well, I think it is hilarious.
DOBBS: Then laugh. But don’t — please, don’t…
MARTIN: But it’s utterly hilarious, Lou.
DOBBS: The congressman might take your remarks a different way. And I’m asking is that you just – you know, relax just a bit.
And let’s take a look at headlines from “The New York Times,” if we may, from last year, when at — at question was Senator John McCain’s citizenship, and see if we can see a difference in the way in which they have approached this — this issue.
This is “The New York Times.” “A hint of new life to the McCain birth issue.” “McCain’s canal zone birth prompts queries about whether that rules him out” — The New York Times,” and, in July of last year, with an article. I mean, it goes on. The issue of “Justices turn back on a challenge on Obama that has stopped squall of Internet-fueled rumors.” There’s an obvious difference in tone here from “The New York Times” when talking about John McCain than there is when they were talking about Barack Obama.
MARTIN: And I don’t care about the “New York Times” tone. The issue there…
DOBBS: But I do. And that’s why I bring it up.
MARTIN: Lou, your issue, though, is about a certificate. It’s not about how the media is covering it.
DOBBS: No, no. No, no.
MARTIN: So, which one is it?
DOBBS: My — my issue is this, OK? When this could be dispelled so quickly, and — and simply by producing it, why not do it?
MARTIN: He has produced a document that is satisfactory, but it’s not satisfactory to you. So, Lou, he’s not here to satisfy Lou Dobbs. He’s the president of the United States. He probably has other things that’s on his mind than satisfying Lou Dobbs.
DOBBS: Yes. And does that, then, what, just dismiss the concern?
MARTIN: No. He has presented a document that is legal. In the state of Hawaii, it is legal. It is a document. It’s there. Now, because you’re not satisfied, OK. And, Lou, if this…
DOBBS: Don’t worry about my — don’t worry about my satisfaction.
MARTIN: No, no.
MARTIN: Lou, you’re the one who is still making this an issue.
DOBBS: No, no, please. Again, did you hear what I said?
DOBBS: I believe he’s a citizen.
MARTIN: OK. So, why even continue the story? Is it keeping you up at night? It is a non-issue. It is irrelevant. You say so many Americans care.
MARTIN: No, it is an irrelevant issue. It’s been established. He’s the president.
DOBBS: All right. All right.
MARTIN: What is the big deal?
DOBBS: Is there a big deal here, Congressman Poe?
POE: Well, I don’t know that it’s a big deal, but the best way we can prevent anything from happening in the future is produce the birth certificate.
And, if you’re going to — if you have your child that wants to be in the little league, you have got to show up with the birth certificate. You have got to prove that he’s a resident. And why can’t the president do that? And that’s all this legislation does, so that, in future elections, we don’t have these disagreements, we don’t have these problems.
POE: Just produce the birth certificate. The document from Hawaii is not a birth certificate. That’s the bottom line.
MARTIN: This document…
POE: It’s a legal document, but not the birth certificate.
MARTIN: Congressman, Congressman, this document couldn’t pass by the little league in Hawaii? I mean, I think, if you were still sitting on the bench, you would say this is another one of those irrelevant, useless lawsuits that we see every single day.
POE: I probably wouldn’t say that.
MARTIN: You were a tough judge in justice. And you would probably say, come on, give me a break. Move on, guys. This is a waste of the court’s time and Congress’ time.
DOBBS: So, you’re not content to speak for yourself. You’re going to speak for Congressman Poe as well.
MARTIN: You know what? As somebody who watched him every day, he was a tough judge.
DOBBS: Congressman, Congressman, you get the last word here.
POE: Well, without belaboring the point, in the future elections, you know, the president — candidates — now, this has come up. It came up with Romney. It came up with Goldwater. It came up with McCain. Now it’s come up with Obama. Let’s just get over this by producing a birth certificate in future elections, prove the person was in the country eight — 14 years, they’re over 35, and we won’t have these disagreements. And I think that’s what we ought to do. That’s…
DOBBS: Congressman Poe, by the way, is a co-sponsor of Congressman Posey’s legislation to do precisely that, which he introduced back in March.
Thank you very much for being here.
MARTIN: I will bring my birth certificate in next week, Lou.
DOBBS: You don’t need to, because some would suggest that would be absolutely irrelevant.
DOBBS: Congressman Poe, thank you very much.
Barry must cringe when he views this clip from a debate in the 2004 Illinois senatorial race. Obama's body language is precious. He stares at the table, into space, and looks downward throughout. Keyes runs circles around Barry who is flummoxed in dismay. Obama can not debate, and beat Keyes, in an open forum.
At a point in Hitler's rise to power he realized that he had exploited all he needed from the Weimar Constitution and he suspended it with the fatal flaw: the passage of the Enabling Act. The Act allowed Hitler to rule "without the approval of the Reichstag and without reference to the President (Richard J. Evans, The Coming of the Third Reich, p. 351). The Reichstag Fire created a convenient crisis for the Nazis to exploit, whether they planned it or helped Marinus van der Lubbe to set the fire is immaterial (Evans, p. 328f). The fact is they exploited the moment to proclaim a crisis that only Hitler could solve. The unfortunate fact is that most Germans believed the story.
The lesson that we can draw from crisis in Weimar Germany is that a Constitution can be dispensed with; Hitler did not need it anymore. The pretense was over. The Nazis hit their high point in earlier elections and with their depleted resources and limited electoral appeal, it was unlikely that in an open, free, and fair election they could improve their Parliamentary position (Evans, pp. 303, 305). Their momentum had peaked once Hitler was appointed Chancellor.
In a similar fashion, Obama has striven mightily to move as quickly as he could to seize as much control as possible since it takes the electorate some time to understand what he up to. For most of us, Washington is far away, and rarely do what the politicians do effect us so directly. Ordinarily, we can afford to be lackadaisical. Obama and his handlers know that it would take time for people to grasp just how radical his proposals are and how he is actively working against their interests.
As people have caught on Obama will need a Reichstag event. The Nazis, most likely, set fire to the Reichstag building to create a crisis: the Republic is under attack. Give me more power and I will settle the crisis.
We are entering an ominous time for the current regime, and more importantly, for America.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
China and India have recently flatly rejected Hillary's suggestion that they should cut back on their economic development in favor of lessening the destruction of the environment and emitting pollution that reaches the U.S. For example, "according to the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, China emitted 6.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide in 2006, eclipsing the 5.8 billion tons released by the U.S. that year (Bryce, p. 268)." China and India, as the developing world generally, is oblivious to their environmental destruction.
Americans are going to need all the resources they can muster to address this critical issue. As a nation we have responsibly grown to learn from the negative environmental examples by some, and therefore need to forestall any efforts to hinder individual Americans who can responsibly choose to make wise environmental decisions. Speaking personally for a moment, I learned in 1973 with the OPEC oil embargo that petroleum is a limited resource yet other countries, such as the Middle Eastern Islamic states, irresponsibly exploit their natural resources for the extravagant wealth of a few. Other countries in the world have not learned the lesson that wise individual Americans have benefited from. We have rich life experiences to draw from.
It is clear then that wise Americans drawing from their life experiences should forestall efforts to hinder their personal wealth and limit growth. As Obama stated on the campaign trail, "under my plan of cap and trade system, electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket."
Research by the Heritage Foundation documents the harm in passing H.R. 2454:
1. reduce aggregate gross domestic product 9(GDP) by $9.6 trillion;
2. destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year;
3. raise electricity rates 90% after adjusting for inflation;
4. raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74%;
5. raise residential natural gas prices by 55%;
6. raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually; and,
7. increase the federal debt by 26%, which is $29,150 per person.
In fact, as Spain attempted a "green" goal, this effort, similar to that proposed under a cap and trade scheme, resulted in higher unemployment that rose to 18%.
As the current regime is unable to lead or influence the world to end their highly destructive environmental policies we applaud your efforts to raise the consciousness of Americans and improve their quality of life.
My community is in your debt; thank you.
Once an objective person reads the police report I would suspect that most reasonable people would agree that the police officer simply did his duty.
Michelle Malkin describes Obama's actions as indicative of the culture of corruption.
Question: How much did Harvard University donate to the 2008 Obama campaign?
People need a dose of Dr. Manning; or,
you can read what is obvious to a 4th grade teacher for enlightenment.
April 17, 2009
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500
I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct
on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an
adequate representative of the United States of America collectively
or of me personally.
You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim
world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President
of the United States of America. You are responsible to the citizens
of the United States. You are not responsible to the peoples of any
other country on earth.
I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the
United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care
about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First
World War and the Second World War were all about if not the
consideration of the peoples of Europe? Are you brain dead? What
do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand
or know the history of the 20th century?
Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States
does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the
Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United
States? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the
principles governing this country, at least until you came along,
come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all
Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the
king of Saudi Arabia. You didn’t show Great Britain, our best and
one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down
to the king of Saudi Arabia. How dare you, sir! How dare you!
You can’t find the time to visit the graves of our greatest
generation because you don’t want to offend the Germans but make
time to visit a mosque in Turkey. You offended our dead and every
veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who
saved the German people from themselves. What’s the matter with
you? I am convinced that you and the members of your administration
have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and
should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.
You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the
American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real
thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines,
Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses.
What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.
What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in
bonuses to their staff members on top of the $2.5 million in
automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand
the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay
to save jobs with my employer. You haven’t said anything about
that. Who authorized that? I surely didn’t!
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210
million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that’s $45 million
more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives
have already been awarded $51 million, not a bad take. Who
authorized that and why haven’t you expressed your outrage at thi s
group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have
I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and
not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are
doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.
I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything
you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I
promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a
chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.
Every real American
P. S. I rarely ask that emails be ‘passed around’.
PLEASE SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LIST.
It’s past time for all Americans to wake up!
Ms Kathleen Lyday
Fourth Grade Teacher
Grandview Elementary School
11470 Hwy. C
Hillsboro, MO 63050
(636) 944-3291 Phone
(636) 944-3870 Fax
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Representative Ron Paul presses Fed chair Bernanke. Bernanke attempts to redefine inflation and suggests that an after the fact audit would hinder daily monetary decisions.
Bernanke stated: “I Don’t Know” Which Foreign Banks Were Given Half a Trillion."
Paul directly blamed the Fed for creating the financial crisis and systematically compounding the problems with its ongoing policies.
The Congressman stated:
“The Federal Reserve in collaboration with the giant banks has created the greatest financial crisis the world has ever seen.”
“The foolish notion that unlimited amounts of money and credit created out of thin air can provide sustainable economic growth has delivered this crisis to us.”The Congressman said.
“Instead of economic growth and stable prices, (The Fed) has given us a system of government and finance that now threatens the world financial and political institutions.”
“Pursuing the same policy of excessive spending, debt expansion and monetary inflation can only compound the problems that prevent the required corrections,” Paul added.
“Doubling the money supply didn’t work, quadrupling it won’t work either,”he said.
The Congressman implored that the only way out of a debt crisis is to pay off or liquidate the debt, “we are doing neither,” he concluded.
“Buying up the bad debt of privileged institutions and dumping worthless assets on the American people is morally wrong and economically futile,” Paul concluded.
During his five minute questioning window, Paul challenged Bernanke on quotes attributed to him that suggested The Fed chairman had said that HR1207, Ron Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve, would interfere with the Fed’s interest rates decisions.
The Congressman maintained it would do nothing of the sort, while Bernanke attempted to suggest that giving the Government Accountability Office the power of audit over the Fed would inhibit and restrict the Fed’s ability to make decisions on monetary policy by politicizing it.
Paul fired back stating that it is preposterous to suggest that the Fed isn’t already overtly politicized:
“Just the fact that they can issue a lot of loans and special privileges to banks and corporations, that’s political. This idea that it would be political because we know what happened afterwards just doesn’t seem to add up.” Paul noted.
Paul then challenged Bernanke on the definition of inflation after he implied that buying debt and printing more money was not inflationary.
Historical precedents for Obama's Forward slogan.
Six-Day War The original Mandate for Palestine, agreed to unanimously by the League of Nations in 1920, designated 124,466 sq. km....
In modern times, the term Ides of March is best known as the date that Julius Caesar was killed in 44 B.C. Julius Caesar was stabbed (23 ti...
Video, article, and additional background are available. How the Iron Dome Works Israel deploys 'Iron Dome' anti-rocket system.
Handout photo shows a colorful billboard in Grand Junction, Colorado depicting US President Barack Obama as a suicide bomber, a gangster, a ...
"Diverse reviewers have repeatedly documented gross pro-Islamic, anti-Christian distortions in social studies texts."
The following is an email written by a lieutenant colonel at Fort Campbell in Kentucky — advising three dozen subordinates to be on the look...
Reading since summer 2006 (some of the classics are re-reads): including magazine subscriptions
- Abbot, Edwin A., Flatland;
- Accelerate: Technology Driving Business Performance;
- ACM Queue: Architecting Tomorrow's Computing;
- Adkins, Lesley and Roy A. Adkins, Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome;
- Ali, Ayaan Hirsi, Nomad: From Islam to America: A Personal Journey Through the Clash of Civilizations;
- Ali, Tariq, The Clash of Fundamentalisms: Crusades, Jihads, and Modernity;
- Allawi, Ali A., The Crisis of Islamic Civilization;
- Alperovitz, Gar, The Decision To Use the Atomic Bomb;
- American School & University: Shaping Facilities & Business Decisions;
- Angelich, Jane, What's a Mother (in-Law) to Do?: 5 Essential Steps to Building a Loving Relationship with Your Son's New Wife;
- Arad, Yitzchak, In the Shadow of the Red Banner: Soviet Jews in the War Against Nazi Germany;
- Aristotle, Athenian Constitution. Eudemian Ethics. Virtues and Vices. (Loeb Classical Library No. 285);
- Aristotle, Metaphysics: Books X-XIV, Oeconomica, Magna Moralia (The Loeb classical library);
- Armstrong, Karen, A History of God;
- Arrian: Anabasis of Alexander, Books I-IV (Loeb Classical Library No. 236);
- Atkinson, Rick, The Guns at Last Light: The War in Western Europe, 1944-1945 (Liberation Trilogy);
- Auletta, Ken, Googled: The End of the World As We Know It;
- Austen, Jane, Pride and Prejudice;
- Bacevich, Andrew, The Limits of Power: The End of American Exceptionalism;
- Baker, James A. III, and Lee H. Hamilton, The Iraq Study Group Report: The Way Forward - A New Approach;
- Barber, Benjamin R., Jihad vs. McWorld: Terrorism's Challenge to Democracy;
- Barnett, Thomas P.M., Blueprint for Action: A Future Worth Creating;
- Barnett, Thomas P.M., The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-First Century;
- Barron, Robert, Catholicism: A Journey to the Heart of the Faith;
- Baseline: Where Leadership Meets Technology;
- Baur, Michael, Bauer, Stephen, eds., The Beatles and Philosophy;
- Beard, Charles Austin, An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States (Sony Reader);
- Benjamin, Daniel & Steven Simon, The Age of Sacred Terror: Radical Islam's War Against America;
- Bergen, Peter, The Osama bin Laden I Know: An Oral History of al Qaeda's Leader;
- Berman, Paul, Terror and Liberalism;
- Berman, Paul, The Flight of the Intellectuals: The Controversy Over Islamism and the Press;
- Better Software: The Print Companion to StickyMinds.com;
- Bleyer, Kevin, Me the People: One Man's Selfless Quest to Rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America;
- Boardman, Griffin, and Murray, The Oxford Illustrated History of the Roman World;
- Bracken, Paul, The Second Nuclear Age: Strategy, Danger, and the New Power Politics;
- Bradley, James, with Ron Powers, Flags of Our Fathers;
- Bronte, Charlotte, Jane Eyre;
- Bronte, Emily, Wuthering Heights;
- Brown, Ashley, War in Peace Volume 10 1974-1984: The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Postwar Conflict;
- Brown, Ashley, War in Peace Volume 8 The Marshall Cavendish Illustrated Encyclopedia of Postwar Conflict;
- Brown, Nathan J., When Victory Is Not an Option: Islamist Movements in Arab Politics;
- Bryce, Robert, Gusher of Lies: The Dangerous Delusions of "Energy Independence";
- Bush, George W., Decision Points;
- Bzdek, Vincent, The Kennedy Legacy: Jack, Bobby and Ted and a Family Dream Fulfilled;
- Cahill, Thomas, Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea: Why the Greeks Matter;
- Campus Facility Maintenance: Promoting a Healthy & Productive Learning Environment;
- Campus Technology: Empowering the World of Higher Education;
- Certification: Tools and Techniques for the IT Professional;
- Channel Advisor: Business Insights for Solution Providers;
- Chariton, Callirhoe (Loeb Classical Library);
- Chief Learning Officer: Solutions for Enterprise Productivity;
- Christ, Karl, The Romans: An Introduction to Their History and Civilization;
- Cicero, De Senectute;
- Cicero, The Republic, The Laws;
- Cicero, The Verrine Orations I: Against Caecilius. Against Verres, Part I; Part II, Book 1 (Loeb Classical Library);
- Cicero, The Verrine Orations I: Against Caecilius. Against Verres, Part I; Part II, Book 2 (Loeb Classical Library);
- CIO Decisions: Aligning I.T. and Business in the MidMarket Enterprise;
- CIO Insight: Best Practices for IT Business Leaders;
- CIO: Business Technology Leadership;
- Clay, Lucius Du Bignon, Decision in Germany;
- Cohen, William S., Dragon Fire;
- Colacello, Bob, Ronnie and Nancy: Their Path to the White House, 1911 to 1980;
- Coll, Steve, The Bin Ladens: An Arabian Family in the American Century;
- Collins, Francis S., The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief ;
- Colorni, Angelo, Israel for Beginners: A Field Guide for Encountering the Israelis in Their Natural Habitat;
- Compliance & Technology;
- Computerworld: The Voice of IT Management;
- Connolly, Peter & Hazel Dodge, The Ancient City: Life in Classical Athens & Rome;
- Conti, Greg, Googling Security: How Much Does Google Know About You?;
- Converge: Strategy and Leadership for Technology in Education;
- Cowan, Ross, Roman Legionary 58 BC - AD 69;
- Cowell, F. R., Life in Ancient Rome;
- Creel, Richard, Religion and Doubt: Toward a Faith of Your Own;
- Cross, Robin, General Editor, The Encyclopedia of Warfare: The Changing Nature of Warfare from Prehistory to Modern-day Armed Conflicts;
- CSO: The Resource for Security Executives:
- Cummins, Joseph, History's Greatest Wars: The Epic Conflicts that Shaped the Modern World;
- D'Amato, Raffaele, Imperial Roman Naval Forces 31 BC-AD 500;
- Dallek, Robert, An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy 1917-1963;
- Daly, Dennis, Sophocles' Ajax;
- Dando-Collins, Stephen, Caesar's Legion: The Epic Saga of Julius Caesar's Elite Tenth Legion and the Armies of Rome;
- Darwish, Nonie, Now They Call Me Infidel: Why I Renounced Jihad for America, Israel, and the War on Terror;
- Davis Hanson, Victor, Makers of Ancient Strategy: From the Persian Wars to the Fall of Rome;
- Dawkins, Richard, The Blind Watchmaker;
- Dawkins, Richard, The God Delusion;
- Dawkins, Richard, The Selfish Gene;
- de Blij, Harm, Why Geography Matters: Three Challenges Facing America, Climate Change, The Rise of China, and Global Terrorism;
- Defense Systems: Information Technology and Net-Centric Warfare;
- Defense Systems: Strategic Intelligence for Info Centric Operations;
- Defense Tech Briefs: Engineering Solutions for Military and Aerospace;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Consciousness Explained;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Darwin's Dangerous Idea;
- Devries, Kelly, et. al., Battles of the Ancient World 1285 BC - AD 451 : From Kadesh to Catalaunian Field;
- Dickens, Charles, Great Expectations;
- Digital Communities: Building Twenty-First Century Communities;
- Doctorow, E.L., Homer & Langley;
- Dodds, E. R., The Greeks and the Irrational;
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor, The House of the Dead (Google Books, Sony e-Reader);
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor, The Idiot;
- Douglass, Elisha P., Rebels and Democrats: The Struggle for Equal Political Rights and Majority Role During the American Revolution;
- Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan, The Hound of the Baskervilles & The Valley of Fear;
- Dr. Dobb's Journal: The World of Software Development;
- Drug Discovery News: Discovery/Development/Diagnostics/Delivery;
- DT: Defense Technology International;
- Dunbar, Richard, Alcatraz;
- Education Channel Partner: News, Trends, and Analysis for K-20 Sales Professionals;
- Edwards, Aton, Preparedness Now!;
- EGM: Electronic Gaming Monthly, the No. 1 Videogame Magazine;
- Ehrman, Bart D., Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scriptures and the Faiths We Never Knew;
- Ehrman, Bart D., Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why;
- Electronic Engineering Times: The Industry Newsweekly for the Creators of Technology;
- Ellis, Joseph J., American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson;
- Ellis, Joseph J., His Excellency: George Washington;
- Emergency Management: Strategy & Leadership in Critical Times;
- Emerson, Steven, American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us;
- Erlewine, Robert, Monotheism and Tolerance: Recovering a Religion of Reason (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion);
- ESD: Embedded Systems Design;
- Everitt, Anthony, Augustus: The Life of Rome's First Emperor;
- Everitt, Anthony, Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician;
- eWeek: The Enterprise Newsweekly;
- Federal Computer Week: Powering the Business of Government;
- Ferguson, Niall, Civilization: The West and the Rest;
- Ferguson, Niall, Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power;
- Ferguson, Niall, The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World, 1700-2000;
- Ferguson, Niall, The War of the World: Twentieth-Century Conflict and the Decline of the West;
- Feuerbach, Ludwig, The Essence of Christianity (Sony eReader);
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army of the Principate 27 BC-AD 117;
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army of the Punic Wars 264-146 BC;
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army: the Civil Wars 88-31 BC;
- Finkel, Caroline, Osman's Dream: The History of the Ottoman Empire;
- Fisk, Robert, The Great War For Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East;
- Forstchen, William R., One Second After;
- Fox, Robin Lane, The Classical World: An Epic History from Homer to Hadrian;
- Frazer, James George, The Golden Bough (Volume 3): A Study in Magic and Religion (Sony eReader);
- Freeh, Louis J., My FBI: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror;
- Freeman, Charles, The Greek Achievement: The Foundations of the Western World;
- Friedman, Thomas L. The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century Further Updated and Expanded/Release 3.0;
- Friedman, Thomas L., The Lexus and the Olive Tree: Understanding Globalization;
- Frontinus: Stratagems. Aqueducts of Rome. (Loeb Classical Library No. 174);
- Fuller Focus: Fuller Theological Seminary;
- Fuller, Graham E., A World Without Islam;
- Gaubatz, P. David and Paul Sperry, Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America;
- Ghattas, Kim, The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power;
- Gibson, William, Neuromancer;
- Gilmour, Michael J., Gods and Guitars: Seeking the Sacred in Post-1960s Popular Music;
- Global Services: Strategies for Sourcing People, Processes, and Technologies;
- Glucklich, Ariel, Dying for Heaven: Holy Pleasure and Suicide Bombers-Why the Best Qualities of Religion Are Also It's Most Dangerous;
- Goldberg, Jonah, Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning;
- Goldin, Shmuel, Unlocking the Torah Text Vayikra (Leviticus);
- Goldsworthy, Adrian, Caesar: Life of a Colossus;
- Goldsworthy, Adrian, How Rome Fell: Death of a Superpower;
- Goodman, Lenn E., Creation and Evolution;
- Goodwin, Doris Kearns, Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln;
- Gopp, Amy, et.al., Split Ticket: Independent Faith in a Time of Partisan Politics (WTF: Where's the Faith?);
- Gordon, Michael R., and Bernard E. Trainor, Cobra II: The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq;
- Government Health IT: The Magazine of Public/private Health Care Convergence;
- Government Technology's Emergency Management: Strategy & Leadership in Critical Times;
- Government Technology: Solutions for State and Local Government in the Information Age;
- Grant , Michael, The Climax of Rome: The Final Achievements of the Ancient World, AD 161 - 337;
- Grant, Michael, The Classical Greeks;
- Grumberg, Orna, and Helmut Veith, 25 Years of Model Checking: History, Achievements, Perspectives;
- Halberstam, David, War in a Time of Peace: Bush, Clinton, and the Generals;
- Hammer, Reuven, Entering Torah Prefaces to the Weekly Torah Portion;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, An Autumn of War: What America Learned from September 11 and the War on Terrorism;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Between War and Peace: Lessons from Afghanistan to Iraq;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Carnage and Culture: Landmark Battles in the Rise of Western Power;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, How The Obama Administration Threatens Our National Security (Encounter Broadsides);
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Makers of Ancient Strategy: From the Persian Wars to the Fall of Rome;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Ripples of Battle: How Wars of the Past Still Determine How We Fight, How We Live, and How We Think;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, The End of Sparta: A Novel;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, The Soul of Battle: From Ancient Times to the Present Day, How Three Great Liberators Vanquished Tyranny;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Wars of the Ancient Greeks;
- Harnack, Adolf Von, History of Dogma, Volume 3 (Sony Reader);
- Harris, Alex, Reputation At Risk: Reputation Report;
- Harris, Sam, Letter to a Christian Nation;
- Harris, Sam, The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason;
- Hayek, F. A., The Road to Serfdom;
- Heilbroner, Robert L., and Lester Thurow, Economics Explained: Everything You Need to Know About How the Economy Works and Where It's Going;
- Hempel, Sandra, The Strange Case of The Broad Street Pump: John Snow and the Mystery of Cholera;
- Hinnells, John R., A Handbook of Ancient Religions;
- Hitchens, Christopher, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything;
- Hogg, Ian V., The Encyclopedia of Weaponry: The Development of Weaponry from Prehistory to 21st Century Warfare;
- Hugo, Victor, The Hunchback of Notre Dame;
- Humphrey, Caroline & Vitebsky, Piers, Sacred Architecture;
- Huntington, Samuel P., The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order;
- Info World: Information Technology News, Computer Networking & Security;
- Information Week: Business Innovation Powered by Technology:
- Infostor: The Leading Source for Enterprise Storage Professionals;
- Infrastructure Insite: Bringing IT Together;
- Insurance Technology: Business Innovation Powered by Technology;
- Integrated Solutions: For Enterprise Content Management;
- Intel Premier IT: Sharing Best Practices with the Information Technology Community;
- Irwin, Robert, Dangerous Knowledge: Orientalism and Its Discontents;
- Jeffrey, Grant R., The Global-Warming Deception: How a Secret Elite Plans to Bankrupt America and Steal Your Freedom;
- Jewkes, Yvonne, and Majid Yar, Handbook of Internet Crime;
- Johnson, Chalmers, Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire;
- Journal, The: Transforming Education Through Technology;
- Judd, Denis, The Lion and the Tiger: The Rise and Fall of the British Raj, 1600-1947;
- Kagan, Donald, The Peloponnesian War;
- Kansas, Dave, The Wall Street Journal Guide to the End of Wall Street as We Know It: What You Need to Know About the Greatest Financial Crisis of Our Time--and How to Survive It;
- Karsh, Efraim, Islamic Imperialism: A History;
- Kasser, Rodolphe, The Gospel of Judas;
- Katz, Solomon, The Decline of Rome and the Rise of Medieval Europe: (The Development of Western Civilization);
- Keegan, John, Intelligence in War: The Value--and Limitations--of What the Military Can Learn About the Enemy;
- Kenis, Leo, et. al., The Transformation of the Christian Churches in Western Europe 1945-2000 (Kadoc Studies on Religion, Culture and Society 6);
- Kepel, Gilles, Jihad: The Trail of Political Islam;
- Kiplinger's: Personal Finance;
- Klein, Naomi, The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism;
- KM World: Content, Document, and Knowledge Management;
- Koestler, Arthur, Darkness at Noon: A Novel;
- Kostova, Elizabeth, The Historian;
- Kuttner, Robert, The Squandering of America: How the Failure of Our Politics Undermines Our Prosperity;
- Lake, Kirsopp, The Text of the New Testament, Sony Reader;
- Laur, Timothy M., Encyclopedia of Modern US Military Weapons ;
- Leffler, Melvyn P., and Jeffrey W. Legro, To Lead the World: American Strategy After the Bush Doctrine;
- Lendon, J. E., Soldiers and Ghosts: A History of Battle in Classical Antiquity;
- Lenin, V. I., Imperialism the Highest Stage of Capitalism;
- Lennon, John J., There is Absolutely No Reason to Pay Too Much for College!;
- Lewis, Bernard, The Crisis of Islam: Holy War and Unholy Terror;
- Lewis, Bernard, What Went Wrong?: The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East;
- Lifton, Robert J., Greg Mitchell, Hiroshima in America;
- Limberis, Vasiliki M., Architects of Piety: The Cappadocian Fathers and the Cult of the Martyrs;
- Lipsett, B. Diane, Desiring Conversion: Hermas, Thecla, Aseneth;
- Livingston, Jessica, Founders At Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days;
- Livy, Rome and the Mediterranean: Books XXXI-XLV of the History of Rome from its Foundation (Penguin Classics);
- Louis J., Freeh, My FBI: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror;
- Mackay, Christopher S., Ancient Rome: A Military and Political History;
- Majno, Guido, The Healing Hand: Man and Wound in the Ancient World;
- Marcus, Greil,Invisible Republic: Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes;
- Marshall-Cornwall, James, Napoleon as Military Commander;
- Maughm, W. Somerset, Of Human Bondage;
- McCluskey, Neal P., Feds in the Classroom: How Big Government Corrupts, Cripples, and Compromises American Education;
- McCullough, David, 1776;
- McCullough, David, John Adams;
- McCullough, David, Mornings on Horseback: The Story of an Extraordinary Family, a Vanished Way of Life and the Unique Child Who Became Theodore Roosevelt;
- McLynn, Frank, Marcus Aurelius: A Life;
- McManus, John, Deadly Brotherhood, The: The American Combat Soldier in World War II ;
- McMaster, H. R., Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam;
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 1: Origins and Destinies (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 2: Persons and Groups (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 3: Religions and Controversies (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- Meacham, Jon, American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House;
- Mearsheimer, John J., and Stephen M. Walt, The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy;
- Meier, Christian, Caesar: A Biography;
- Menzies, Gaven, 1421: The Year China Discovered America;
- Metaxas, Eric, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy;
- Michael, Katina and M.G. Michael, Innovative Automatic Identification and Location-Based Services: From Barcodes to Chip Implants;
- Migliore, Daniel L., Faith Seeking Understanding: An Introduction to Christian Theology;
- Military & Aerospace Electronics: The Magazine of Transformation in Electronic and Optical Technology;
- Millard, Candice, Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey: The River of Doubt;
- Mommsen, Theodor, The History of the Roman Republic, Sony Reader;
- Muller, F. Max, Chips From A German Workshop: Volume III: Essays On Language And Literature;
- Murray, Janet, H., Hamlet On the Holodeck: The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace;
- Murray, Williamson, War in the Air 1914-45;
- Müller, F. Max, Chips From A German Workshop;
- Nader, Ralph, Crashing the Party: Taking on the Corporate Government in an Age of Surrender;
- Nagl, John A., Learning to Eat Soup with a Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam;
- Napoleoni, Loretta, Terrorism and the Economy: How the War on Terror is Bankrupting the World;
- Nature: The International Weekly Journal of Science;
- Negus, Christopher, Fedora 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
- Network Computing: For IT by IT:
- Network World: The Leader in Network Knowledge;
- Network-centric Security: Where Physical Security & IT Worlds Converge;
- Newman, Paul B., Travel and Trade in the Middle Ages;
- Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm, The Nietzsche-Wagner Correspondence;
- Nixon, Ed, The Nixons: A Family Portrait;
- O'Brien, Johnny, Day of the Assassins: A Jack Christie Novel;
- O'Donnell, James J., Augustine: A New Biography;
- OH & S: Occupational Health & Safety
- Okakura, Kakuzo, The Book of Tea;
- Optimize: Business Strategy & Execution for CIOs;
- Ostler, Nicholas, Ad Infinitum: A Biography of Latin;
- Parry, Jay A., The Real George Washington (American Classic Series);
- Paton, W.R., The Greek Anthology, Volume V, Loeb Classical Library, No. 86;
- Pausanius, Guide to Greece 1: Central Greece;
- Perrett, Bryan, Cassell Military Classics: Iron Fist: Classic Armoured Warfare;
- Perrottet, Tony, The Naked Olympics: The True Story of the Olympic Games;
- Peters, Ralph, New Glory: Expanding America's Global Supremacy;
- Phillips, Kevin, American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush;
- Pick, Bernhard; Paralipomena; Remains of Gospels and Sayings of Christ (Sony Reader);
- Pimlott, John, The Elite: The Special Forces of the World Volume 1;
- Pitre, Brant, Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper;
- Plutarch's Lives, X: Agis and Cleomenes. Tiberius and Gaius Gracchus. Philopoemen and Flamininus (Loeb Classical Library®);
- Podhoretz, Norman, World War IV: The Long Struggle Against Islamofascism;
- Posner, Gerald, Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK;
- Potter, Wendell, Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans;
- Pouesi, Daniel, Akua;
- Premier IT Magazine: Sharing Best Practices with the Information Technology Community;
- Price, Monroe E. & Daniel Dayan, eds., Owning the Olympics: Narratives of the New China;
- Profit: The Executive's Guide to Oracle Applications;
- Public CIO: Technology Leadership in the Public Sector;
- Putnam, Robert D., Bowling Alone : The Collapse and Revival of American Community;
- Quintus of Smyrna, The Fall of Troy;
- Rawles, James Wesley, Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse;
- Red Herring: The Business of Technology;
- Redmond Channel Partner: Driving Success in the Microsoft Partner Community;
- Redmond Magazine: The Independent Voice of the Microsoft IT Community;
- Renan, Ernest, The life of Jesus (Sony eReader);
- Richler, Mordecai (editor), Writers on World War II: An Anthology;
- Roberts, Ian, The Energy Glut: Climate Change and the Politics of Fatness in an Overheating World;
- Rocca, Samuel, The Army of Herod the Great;
- Rodgers, Nigel, A Military History of Ancient Greece: An Authoritative Account of the Politics, Armies and Wars During the Golden Age of Ancient Greece, shown in over 200 color photographs, diagrams, maps and plans;
- Rodoreda, Merce, Death in Spring: A Novel;
- Romerstein, Herbert and Breindel, Eric,The Venona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors;
- Ross, Dennis, Statecraft: And How to Restore America's Standing in the World;
- Roth, Jonathan P., Roman Warfare (Cambridge Introduction to Roman Civilization);
- SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;
- Scahill, Jeremy, Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army [Revised and Updated];
- Schama, Simon, A History of Britain, At the Edge of the World 3500 B.C. - 1603 A.D.;
- Scheuer, Michael, Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War On Terror;
- Scheuer, Michael, Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq;
- Scheuer, Michael, Osama Bin Laden;
- Scheuer, Michael, Through Our Enemies Eyes: Osama Bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America;
- Scholastic Instructor
- Scholastic Parent & Child: The Joy of Family Living and Learning;
- Schopenhauer, Arthur, The World As Will And Idea (Sony eReader);
- Schug-Wille, Art of the Byzantine World;
- Schulze, Hagen, Germany: A New History;
- Schweizer, Peter, Architects of Ruin: How Big Government Liberals Wrecked the Global Economy---and How They Will Do It Again If No One Stops Them;
- Scott, Sir Walter, Ivanhoe;
- Seagren, Eric, Secure Your Network for Free: Using Nmap, Wireshark, Snort, Nessus, and MRTG;
- Security Technology & Design: The Security Executive's Resource for Systems Integration and Convergence;
- Seibel, Peter, Coders at Work;
- Sekunda N., & S. Northwood, Early Roman Armies;
- Seneca: Naturales Quaestiones, Books II (Loeb Classical Library No. 450);
- Sewall, Sarah, The U.S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual;
- Sheppard, Ruth, Alexander the Great at War: His Army - His Battles - His Enemies;
- Shinder, Jason, ed., The Poem That Changed America: "Howl" Fifty Years Later;
- Sidebottom, Harry, Ancient Warfare: A Very Short Introduction;
- Sides, Hampton, Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West;
- Simkins, Michael, The Roman Army from Caesar to Trajan;
- Sinchak, Steve, Hacking Windows Vista;
- Smith, RJ, The One: The Life and Music of James Brown;
- Software Development Times: The Industry Newspaper for Software Development Managers;
- Software Test Performance;
- Solomon, Norman, War Made Easy: How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death;
- Song, Lolan, Innovation Together: Microsoft Research Asia Academic Research Collaboration;
- Sophocles, The Three Theban Plays, tr. Robert Fagles;
- Sound & Vision: The Consumer Electronics Authority;
- Southern, Pat, The Roman Army: A Social and Institutional History;
- Sri, Edward, A Biblical Walk Through the Mass: Understanding What We Say and Do In The Liturgy;
- Sri, Edward, Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II's Love and Responsibility;
- Stair, John Bettridge, Old Samoa; Or, Flotsam and Jetsam From the Pacific Ocean;
- Starr, Chester G., The Roman Empire, 27 B.C.-A.D. 476: A Study in Survival;
- Starr, John Bryan, Understanding China: A Guide to China's Economy, History, and Political Culture;
- Stauffer, John, Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln;
- Steyn, Mark, America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Xenophon's Hellenika;
- Strategy + Business;
- Streete, Gail, Redeemed Bodies: Women Martyrs in Early Christianity;
- Sullivan, James, The Hardest Working Man: How James Brown Saved the Soul of America;
- Sumner, Graham, Roman Military Clothing (1) 100 BC-AD 200;
- Sumner, Graham, Roman Military Clothing (2) AD 200-400;
- Suskind, Ron, The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11:
- Swanston, Malcolm, Mapping History Battles and Campaigns;
- Swiderski, Richard M., Quicksilver: A History of the Use, Lore, and Effects of Mercury;
- Swiderski, Richard M., Quicksilver: A History of the Use, Lore, and Effects of Mercury;
- Swift, Jonathan, Gulliver's Travels;
- Syme, Ronald, The Roman Revolution;
- Talley, Colin L., A History of Multiple Sclerosis;
- Tawil, Camille, Brothers In Arms: The Story of al-Qa'ida and the Arab Jihadists;
- Tech Briefs: Engineering Solutions for Design & Manufacturing;
- Tech Net: The Microsoft Journal for IT Professionals;
- Tech Partner: Gain a Competitive Edge Through Solutions Providers;
- Technology & Learning: Ideas and Tools for Ed Tech Leaders;
- Tenet, George, At the Center of the Storm: The CIA During America's Time of Crisis;
- Thackeray, W. M., Vanity Fair;
- Thompson, Derrick & William Martin, Have Guitars ... Will Travel: A Journey Through the Beat Music Scene in Northampton 1957-66;
- Tolstoy, Leo, Anna Karenina;
- Trento, Joseph J., The Secret History of the CIA;
- Twain, Mark, The Gilded Age: a Tale of Today;
- Ungar, Craig, House of Bush House of Saud;
- Unterberger, Richie, The Unreleased Beatles Music & Film;
- VAR Business: Strategic Insight for Technology Integrators:
- Virgil, The Aeneid
- Virtualization Review: Powering the New IT Generation;
- Visual Studio: Enterprise Solutions for .Net Development;
- VON Magazine: Voice, Video & Vision;
- Wall Street Technology: Business Innovation Powered by Technology;
- Wallace, Robert, Spycraft: The Secret History of the CIA's Spytechs, from Communism to al-Qaeda;
- Wang, Wallace, Steal This Computer Book 4.0: What They Won’t Tell You About the Internet;
- Ward-Perkins, The Fall of Rome and the End of Civilization;
- Warren, Robert Penn, All the King's Men;
- Wasik, John F., Cul-de-Sac Syndrome: Turning Around the Unsustainable American Dream;
- Weber, Karl, Editor, Lincoln: A President for the Ages;
- Website Magazine: The Magazine for Website Success;
- Weiner, Tim, Enemies: A History of the FBI;
- Weiner, Tim, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA;
- West, Bing, The Strongest Tribe: War, Politics, and the Endgame in Iraq;
- Wharton, Edith, The Age of Innocence;
- Wilcox, Peter, Rome's Enemies (1) Germanics and Dacians;
- Wise, Terence, Armies of the Carthaginian Wars 265 - 146 BC;
- Wissner-Gross, What Colleges Don't Tell You (And Other Parents Don't Want You To Know) 272 Secrets For Getting Your Kid Into the Top Schools;
- Wissner-Gross, What High Schools Don't Tell You;
- Wolf, Naomi, Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for American Revolutionaries;
- Wolf, Naomi, The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot;
- Woodward, Bob, Plan of Attack;
- Woodward, Bob, The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White House;
- Wright, Lawrence, The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11;
- Wright-Porto, Heather, Beginning Google Blogger;
- Xenophon, The Anabasis of Cyrus;
- Yergin, Daniel, The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money, & Power;
Handy Tools, Links, etc.
Online Armor lets you view your firewall status.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Blog Smith Headline Animator
- ► 2014 (864)
- ► 2013 (1266)
- ► 2012 (2427)
- ► 2011 (1976)
- ► 2010 (2168)
- Obama Care
- Health Care Rationing: Not Good Enough for Represe...
- The People Say: Health Rationing Propaganda, Or, W...
- More 9/11 Flyover Simulation Photos Released
- Show Me the Money
- Do Not Access Federal Government Websites
- National Guard Hiring to Inter Civilians
- Pandemic Flu Checklist for Individuals
- Disaster in the Making
- Rasmussen: Barry Soetoro Down -12 Points Now
- China's Flag to Fly at White House
- Officers Run Background Check On Obama; Placed On ...
- Satire: Birth Certificate
- Sen. Kyle (AZ) On Health Care Rationing
- Why the birth certificate? Helen Valois
- Orly Taitz on Tool Colbert's Show
- Martial Law Coming to the United States
- AARP Joins Euthanasia Health Care Rationing Plan
- Officer Voted for Obama: Will Not Again
- US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McC...
- Muslim Principal Fires Coach When Student Converts...
- 911 Tape Reveals Caller Did Not Bring Up Race Of G...
- Prepare for the Fall Swine Flu
- A Gatesgate At Henry Gates' "Bogus" Charity?
- Short, but Sweet Video: Right on Target
- Obama: "retarded" Health Care Rationing
- Soetoro Hits Double-Digits
- Obama Waterloo: Chilly
- Barry Falling Down Faster Than a Teleprompter: 9 P...
- Intelligence on Obama: Never Could Be a Natural Bo...
- Is ACORN Intentionally Structured As A Criminal En...
- Stop Health Care Rationing
- A Question of Eligibility Trailer
- Obamacare: Death and Taxes
- Martin Blows it on Dobbs
- Saudi Arabian Sharia School Near Washington, D.C. ...
- Flashback: Enjoy Soetoro Getting Punk'ed by Dr. Ke...
- Reichstag Moment: Why Do You Think He Moved So Qui...
- Thank You Letter to An Environmental Organization
- Atlah, Dr. Manning's Church Asks: Where Is the Bir...
- Maybe Barry is Rescuing Jobs for China, Saudi Arab...
- Barry: Mission Accomplished
- "Barry, We've Got a Problem"
- Barry's World
- Cop Does His Job, Guy Gets Irate, Minor Incident B...
- Paul Blasts Bernanke
- YouTube Censors Video of Planned Parenthood Coveri...
- Obama's Saudi Islamic Roots
- Obama's Euthanasia Plan: Health Care Rationing Bil...
- Obama Less Popular Than Bush
- Sebelius Stumping Gets: "It will be a cold day in ...
- "If it's so good, why doesn't Congress have to be ...
- Mass Coffins, Graves: Phoenix, Inglewood, Georgia;...
- “You know, I have to say that I am not familiar wi...
- Napolitano Pick Terror Fundraiser
- America as Obamaville: Unemployment
- Barry's Waterloo
- Five technologies Iran is using to censor the Web
- Islamofascist Group Hizb ut-Tahrir Holds Conferenc...
- Lou Dobb's Finally On Board to Report the News?
- India Rejects Cap and Tax Proposal
- Dr. Manning Recent Videos
- Rep. Mike Castle (R - DE) On the Spot When Asked A...
- India Reports on Natural Born Citizen Issue
- NYC radio host Steve Malzberg
- Obama's Corrupt Administration Continues
- CNN Propaganda
- Orly Taitz and Major Cook Press Interview
- Hidden Cameras Document Destruction of American En...
- Mom and Baseball
- American Trailer for the Chicago Khilafah Conferen...
- Baseball is a Barometer of the Change from 2001 - ...
- About That Stimulus Money: When?
- Who Would Have Thought That Liberal Jewish Comedia...
- Liberal Talk Show Host: Lynn Samuals - "Obama is l...
- "Home Visits" by the CDC in Health Rationing Plan
- Individual Private Medical Insurance Is Illegal Un...
- Its Not Fascism When We Do It
- Retaliation Against Major Cook
- Recent cyberattacks have little impact on U.S.
- Why Obama's squirming over Honduras
- Obama: Not a Natural Born Citizen According to the...
- Bachmann, Poe introduce bill to curb yearly Census...
- Obama's Army
- Alan Keyes, Ph.D., Willey S. Drake, and Markham Ro...
- Not Long in Office, Less Than Enthusiastic
- Obama In a Snit
- Soldier who says Obama isn't president doesn't hav...
- International Law, Wise Latina, and Feelings: Soto...
- Cap and Tax Bill Assists China
- Barry Loses His TOTUS
- Orly Taitz Gets a Trial from Judge Carter
- Common Sense Commentary
- "Chicago schools report contradicts Obama and Dunc...
- Eugenics and the U.S. Military
- How to Forge Obama's Birth Certificate in Five Min...
- Update on Vichy Assault on First Amendment: Sunste...
- MSNBC and USA Today Hail First Kenyan President
- Thomas Sowell on Obamics
- The Edgermakashun White House
- While on the Subject of Droolling . . .
- Krauthammer on Obama and Russia
- Iranian Regime Lynches Activists
- Baby Got Barack: Sarkozy Chuckles
- 07/08/09 Freedom Watch 22 w/ Ron Paul, Jim DeMint,...
- Islam in America's Classrooms
- NAACP Urges Martial Law in Pennsylvania
- "Arabs Have Achieved Nothing"
- Is Obama Shooting for Double-Digit Disapproval Rat...
- Our Country Deserves Better
- Obama's Changing Birthplace
- Obama Kid Part of the Amateur Hour
- Highest Disapproval Ratings Yet for Obama: So Far
- CBS "60 MINUTES" documentary on the swine flu epid...
- The Power of G-8 Countries Reflected in Official P...
- Awkward and Unseemly
- Can Palin ever come back?
- Islamic Sharia Law in Dearborn, Michigan at Arabfe...
- Obama is Watching
- Scientists Dispute Global Warming Scares
- 7th Grader Can Not Wear Pro-Life Shirt
- Hawaii Hospital Will Not Verify Obama's Birth
- Political Math Compares Health Care in Two States
- Muslim Uighurs, in Xinjiang Province Riot: Toll Hi...
- Shilling Children While the Headline Screams Death...
- Government Bankruptcy Should Be Bailed Out
- Rolling Stone Documents Goldman Sachs Bubble Machi...
- Independence Hall Tea Party Philadelphia 4 July 20...
- "We’re setting up a global warming gestapo," Steve...
- Independence Day Viewing
- Kerchner vs. Obama Video
- The Militarization of American Police
- Pastor: Laments "Evanjelly Fish," and Obama has no...
- The Third Jihad
- Frank Gaffney: The Nexus Between Energy and Securi...
- Floyd Brown on How Obama is Weakening the U.S. Eco...
- Regrets Colin?
- Random Unconstitutional Searches Becoming More Com...
- Hey Obama! I'm Not Your ATM
- Dr. Doom on Disastrous Cap and Tax Fiasco
- Veteran U.S. Reporters Shocked by Lack of Transpar...
- 82% of the People Oppose Obama's Cap and Tax Bill
- eBay Founder Linked to Obama: Scrubs Long Form Bir...
- "Emergency Containment Area"... Possible Martial L...
- Obama Doctrine vs. Kennedy's Liberty
- Birds of a Feather
- Dems "Too Liberal" According to Americans Polled
- Review: 5 free apps that make project management e...
- 1,362 TEA'd Off American Cities
- ATF Dispatches 100 Veteran Agents in Hunt for Guns...
- ▼ July (154)
- ► 2008 (775)
"Congress: I'm Watching"
A tax on toilet paper; I kid you not. According to the sponsor, "the Water Protection and Reinvestment Act will be financed broadly by small fees on such things as . . . products disposed of in waste water." Congress wants to tax what you do in the privacy of your bathroom.