Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
The American History Guys trace the modern day concept of unemployment back to the era between the 1870s and 1880s - a period of recession they say closely mirrors the current economic climate.
BackStory is the American history-themed public radio show hosted by University of Virginia History Professor Peter Onuf, University of Richmond President Edward Ayers, and Miller Center GAGE Chair Brian Balogh.
The show's theme is "Looking for Work: A History of Unemployment," and explores themes such as joblessness, immigration, and internal migration through three centuries of American life. - Miller Center of Public Affairs
In July 2007, Edward Ayers assumed the presidency of the University of Richmond. Previously Dean of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia, where he began teaching in 1980, Ayers was named the National Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in 2003.
Brian Balogh is a Professor in the Department of History at the University of Virginia and Director of the GAGE National Fellowship Program. Before coming to U.Va., Brian Balogh taught history at Harvard University. Trained as a historian at The Johns Hopkins University, his specialties are 20th century American history, political history, history of science and technology, and environmental history.
Peter S. Onuf is Thomas Jefferson Foundation Professor of History at the University of Virginia, and author of Jefferson's Empire: The Language of American Nationhood (Virginia) and co-author (with Nicholas G. Onuf) of Nations, Markets, and War: Modern History and the American Civil War.
[F]rom the standpoint of freedom of speech and the press, it is enough to point out that the state has no legitimate interest in protecting any or all religions from views distasteful to them which is sufficient to justify prior restraints upon the expression of those views. It is not the business of government in our nation to suppress real or imagined attacks upon a particular religious doctrine, whether they appear in publications, speeches, or motion pictures.
It is very disconcerting that a sitting American president would join hands with a Muslim military dictatorship to stifle free speech.
What did you see? What is the message here?
Included here is a video promo for the "FlashForward" series which illustrates that it is an apocalyptic plot centered around a global catastrophe.
Is this just entertainment? Or, is it conditioning us to accept the inevitability of some nightmare future “event” that the government will be mandated to protect us from?
What do you see on television? Are there messages on TV?
Obama et. al., get a flu shot but no swine flu vaccination.
Many Americans wondered what they should do because of the swine flu pandemic.
Americans may be receiving direction from an unusual source of which they may not be completely aware. A prime time ABC drama show that aired last week featured a subliminal message that encouraged people to take the swine flu shot. The campaign to sell people on the government’s health agenda is widespread and includes suggestive messages implanted in network TV broadcasts.
There is a series of screen shots from the science-fiction series FlashForward which is currently airing. The scene occurs 26 minutes 30 seconds into the fourth episode, which was broadcast on 15 October 2009.
The image shows a computer screen and on it a web page with a prominently featured advertisement that reads, “Time for Your Flu Shot.” Another ad immediately to the right of this reads, “Take It Now!”
The web page was obviously manufactured deliberately for the scene because the URL in the address bar is not a real website.
TV commercial for the Leaders in Dubai Business 2009 conference. 26 - 29 October, www.leadersindubai.com. Featuring Al Gore, Desmond Tutu, Gary Hamel, David Plouffe, Benjamin Zander and many more.
Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.
"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn.
"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.
"We just put that out there and made them write what Plouffe had said as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it as opposed to the press controlled it," Dunn said.
Continued Dunn: "Whether it was a David Plouffe video or an Obama speech, a huge part of our press strategy was focused on making the media cover what Obama was actually saying as opposed to why the campaign was saying it, what the tactic was. … Making the press cover what we were saying."
Dunn was speaking at a Jan. 12, 2009, event focusing on Obama's media tactics and hosted by the Global Foundation for Democracy and Development, which seeks to promote collaboration between the U.S. and the Dominican Republic. The event was held in Santo Domingo and was attended by the country's president.
Geert Wilders, Chairman, Party for Freedom, the Netherlands, spoke at the Four Seasons, New York, introducing an Alliance of Patriots and announcing the Facing Jihad Conference in Jerusalem.
Thank you very much for inviting me.
I come to America with a mission. All is not well in the old world. There is a tremendous danger looming, and it is very difficult to be optimistic. We might be in the final stages of the Islamization of Europe. This not only is a clear and present danger to the future of Europe itself, it is a threat to America and the sheer survival of the West. The United States as the last bastion of Western civilization, facing an Islamic Europe.
First I will describe the situation on the ground in Europe. Then, I will say a few things about Islam. To close I will tell you about a meeting in Jerusalem.
The Europe you know is changing.
You have probably seen the landmarks. But in all of these cities, sometimes a few blocks away from your tourist destination, there is another world. It is the world of the parallel society created by Muslim mass-migration.
All throughout Europe a new reality is rising: entire Muslim neighborhoods where very few indigenous people reside or are even seen. And if they are, they might regret it. This goes for the police as well. It's the world of head scarves, where women walk around in figureless tents, with baby strollers and a group of children. Their husbands, or slaveholders if you prefer, walk three steps ahead. With mosques on many street corners. The shops have signs you and I cannot read. You will be hard-pressed to find any economic activity. These are Muslim ghettos controlled by religious fanatics. These are Muslim neighborhoods, and they are mushrooming in every city across Europe . These are the building-blocks for territorial control of increasingly larger portions of Europe, street by street, neighborhood by neighborhood, city by city.
There are now thousands of mosques throughout Europe. With larger congregations than there are in churches. And in every European city there are plans to build super-mosques that will dwarf every church in the region. Clearly, the signal is: we rule.
Many European cities are already one-quarter Muslim: just take Amsterdam, Marseille and Malmo in Sweden. In many cities the majority of the under-18 population is Muslim. Paris is now surrounded by a ring of Muslim neighborhoods. Mohammed is the most popular name among boys in many cities.
In some elementary schools in Amsterdam the farm can no longer be mentioned, because that would also mean mentioning the pig, and that would be an insult to Muslims.
Many state schools in Belgium and Denmark only serve halal food to all pupils. In once-tolerant Amsterdam gays are beaten up almost exclusively by Muslims. Non-Muslim women routinely hear 'whore, whore'. Satellite dishes are not pointed to local TV stations, but to stations in the country of origin.
In France school teachers are advised to avoid authors deemed offensive to Muslims, including Voltaire and Diderot; the same is increasingly true of Darwin . The history of the Holocaust can no longer be taught because of Muslim sensitivity.
In England sharia courts are now officially part of the British legal system. Many neighborhoods in France are no-go areas for women without head scarves. Last week a man almost died after being beaten up by Muslims in Brussels, because he was drinking during the Ramadan.
Jews are fleeing France in record numbers, on the run for the worst wave of anti-Semitism since World War II. French is now commonly spoken on the streets of Tel Aviv and Netanya, Israel. I could go on forever with stories like this. Stories about Islamization.
A total of fifty-four million Muslims now live in Europe. San Diego University recently calculated that a staggering 25 percent of the population in Europe will be Muslim just 12 years from now. Bernhard Lewis has predicted a Muslim majority by the end of this century.
Now these are just numbers. And the numbers would not be threatening if the Muslim-immigrants had a strong desire to assimilate. But there are few signs of that. The Pew Research Center reported that half of French Muslims see their loyalty to Islam as greater than their loyalty to France. One-third of French Muslims do not object to suicide attacks. The British Centre for Social Cohesion reported that one-third of British Muslim students are in favor of a worldwide caliphate. Muslims demand what they call 'respect'. And this is how we give them respect. We have Muslim official state holidays.
The Christian-Democratic attorney general is willing to accept sharia in the Netherlands if there is a Muslim majority. We have cabinet members with passports from Morocco and Turkey.
Muslim demands are supported by unlawful behavior, ranging from petty crimes and random violence, for example against ambulance workers and bus drivers, to small-scale riots. Paris has seen its uprising in the low-income suburbs, the banlieus. I call the perpetrators 'settlers'. Because that is what they are. They do not come to integrate into our societies; they come to integrate our society into their Dar-al-Islam. Therefore, they are settlers.
Much of this street violence I mentioned is directed exclusively against non-Muslims, forcing many native people to leave their neighborhoods, their cities, their countries. Moreover, Muslims are now a swing vote not to be ignored.
The second thing you need to know is the importance of Mohammed the prophet. His behavior is an example to all Muslims and cannot be criticized. Now, if Mohammed had been a man of peace, let us say like Ghandi and Mother Theresa wrapped in one, there would be no problem. But Mohammed was a warlord, a mass murderer, a pedophile, and had several marriages - at the same time. Islamic tradition tells us how he fought in battles, how he had his enemies murdered and even had prisoners of war executed. Mohammed himself slaughtered the Jewish tribe of Banu Qurayza. If it is good for Islam, it is good. If it is bad for Islam, it is bad.
Let no one fool you about Islam being a religion. Sure, it has a god, and a here-after, and 72 virgins. But in its essence Islam is a political ideology. It is a system that lays down detailed rules for society and the life of every person. Islam wants to dictate every aspect of life. Islam means 'submission'. Islam is not compatible with freedom and democracy, because what it strives for is sharia. If you want to compare Islam to anything, compare it to communism or national-socialism, these are all totalitarian ideologies.
Now you know why Winston Churchill called Islam 'the most retrograde force in the world', and why he compared Mein Kampf to the Quran. The public has wholeheartedly accepted the Palestinian narrative, and sees Israel as the aggressor. I have lived in this country and visited it dozens of times. I support Israel. First, because it is the Jewish homeland after two thousand years of exile up to and including Auschwitz, second because it is a democracy, and third because Israel is our first line of defense.
This tiny country is situated on the fault line of jihad, frustrating Islam's territorial advance. Israel is facing the front lines of jihad, like Kashmir, Kosovo, the Philippines , Southern Thailand, Darfur in Sudan , Lebanon , and Aceh in Indonesia. Israel is simply in the way. The same way West-Berlin was during the Cold War.
The war against Israel is not a war against Israel. It is a war against the West. It is jihad. Israel is simply receiving the blows that are meant for all of us. If there would have been no Israel, Islamic imperialism would have found other venues to release its energy and its desire for conquest. Thanks to Israeli parents who send their children to the army and lay awake at night, parents in Europe and America can sleep well and dream, unaware of the dangers looming.
Many in Europe argue in favor of abandoning Israel in order to address the grievances of our Muslim minorities.. But if Israel were, God forbid, to go down, it would not bring any solace to the West It would not mean our Muslim minorities would all of a sudden change their behavior, and accept our values. On the contrary, the end of Israel would give enormous encouragement to the forces of Islam. They would, and rightly so, see the demise of Israel as proof that the West is weak, and doomed. The end of Israel would not mean the end of our problems with Islam, but only the beginning. It would mean the start of the final battle for world domination. If they can get Israel, they can get everything. So-called journalists volunteer to label any and all critics of Islamization as a 'right-wing extremists' or 'racists'. In my country, the Netherlands, 60 percent of the population now sees the mass immigration of Muslims as the number one policy mistake since World War II. And another 60 percent sees Islam as the biggest threat. Yet there is a danger greater danger than terrorist attacks, the scenario of America as the last man standing. The lights may go out in Europe faster than you can imagine. An Islamic Europe means a Europe without freedom and democracy, an economic wasteland, an intellectual nightmare, and a loss of military might for America - as its allies will turn into enemies, enemies with atomic bombs. With an Islamic Europe, it would be up to America alone to preserve the heritage of Rome, Athens and Jerusalem.
Dear friends, liberty is the most precious of gifts. My generation never had to fight for this freedom, it was offered to us on a silver platter, by people who fought for it with their lives. All throughout Europe , American cemeteries remind us of the young boys who never made it home, and whose memory we cherish. My generation does not own this freedom; we are merely its custodians. We can only hand over this hard won liberty to Europe 's children in the same state in which it was offered to us. We cannot strike a deal with mullahs and imams. Future generations would never forgive us. We cannot squander our liberties. We simply do not have the right to do so.
We have to take the necessary action now to stop this Islamic stupidity from destroying the free world that we know.
Sen. Sessions encouraged his Democrat colleagues in the Senate to carefully scrutinize Obama's nomination of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. Sessions argued that Kagan is a legal progressive and stated that the American people do not want Senators to confirm a Supreme Court nominee who would impose their own social or political views from the bench, and that such a philosophy is contrary to our legal heritage. Kagan does not believe in the American Constitution.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
The occasion was the Redeem the Dream March on Washington Against Police Brutality which was held on the anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington. Participants addressed a variety of topics including racial profiling, recent brutality cases in several cities, and the state of race relations.
Redeem the Dream, Shabazz speech transcript:
... You might be a doctor. You might be a lawyer. You might be a scientist. You might have evolved to the privileged class of society, but no matter how high you fly, no matter how high you think you have gone, you still the actual fact that we are still treated as niggers in the hills of America. Racism stinks, rotten, from the core to the ceiling of America today.
Thirty seven years later, ladies and gentleman of the black jury. I ask you, ladies and gentleman of the black jury, thirty seven years later, how do you find white America on injustice and racism?
Ladies and gentleman of the jury, on America's state and federal police, how do you find them on police brutality and racism, how do you find them?
Thirty seven years later, black ladies and gentleman of the jury, how do you find white America and the outlaw governor George Bush of Texas, on the outright, cold-blooded murder on (inaudible) in Texas, how do you find them?
How do you find them?
How do you find her on the conspiracy to incarcerate black youth? How do you find her?
How do you find her after 400 years, after serving to build a country, how do you find white America today on the denial of reparations today, how do you find her?
How do you find her?
We in the New Black Panther Party led by our national chairman Khallid Abdul Muhammed have a black dream today. We have a black dream which is truly a vision. We have a black dream today of little black boys, little black girls, joining hands with other black youth and black students to organize, stop the violence in our communities, and unite against a common enemy.
We have a black dream today, and a vision today, of all of our people, black lawyers, black preachers, doctors, teachers, scientists, rap artists, gang members - all black people working for a common cause.
We have a dream today as I conclude, a black dream today of self defense. Of self defense in the face of racism. In the face of police brutality. In the face of overwhelming odds against us we today have a vision of a black dream today, a black dream that when we see caskets rolling in the black community, that when we see caskets rolling and funerals in the black community, that we will see caskets and funerals in the community of our enemies as well.
We have a black dream today that we believe in the Old Testament law of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a limb for a limb, and a life for a life.
And when we organize, when we organize and unite, organize and unite like (inaudible) Stokely Carmichael said, then justice will flow down like a mighty river and then we can join hands and say ‘Free at last. Free at last. Black power. Black power. Then we will be free at last.'
Black power! Black power! Black power!
Thank you very much.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
“The fact that the federal government can’t do its job shouldn’t cost thousands of Louisianans OUR jobs.”
Obama Once Again Makes Erroneous Claim That Foreign Entities Can Spend Unlimited Amounts in U.S. Elections
The Supreme Court’s 5-4 ruling in Citizens United vs. the FEC lifted restrictions on companies, unions, and other organizations, allowing them to make independent expenditures in political campaigns.
That ruling, however, did not allow corporations to contribute directly to a campaign or to coordinate expenditures with a campaign. Nor did the ruling lift existing law that blocks foreign contributions to political campaigns.
Under the FEC regulation 11 CFR 110.20(i): “A foreign national shall not direct, dictate, control, or directly or indirectly participate in the decision-making process of any person, such as a corporation, labor organization, political committee, or political organization with regard to such person's Federal or non-Federal election-related activities, such as decisions concerning the making of contributions, donations, expenditures, or disbursements in connection with elections for any Federal, State, or local office or decisions concerning the administration of a political committee.”
Further, federal law, under 2 USC 441-Sec. 441e, also prohibits foreign donations to political campaigns.
Bernalillo County Sheriff Deputy Jim Goff's July 17 comments recorded. Goff, an 18-year veteran deputy, was ordering the protesters to leave a sidewalk outside a pavilion in Albuquerque where the heavy-metal concert was scheduled to take place. He said the area was private property belonging to Hard Rock Casino and threatened to take the protesters to jail unless they vacated the pavilion area. Heavy-metal rocker Rob Zombie was performing at the pavilion, which has a 15,000 seat capacity and hosts large concerts. According to the Albuquerque Journal, the pavilion is on state trust land and owned by the state of New Mexico. It was leased to Bernalillo County in the 1990s. The county subleases the 15-acre tract of land to Live Nation, an entertainment company that operates the facility. Jeremy De los Santos, one of the protesters, told KRQE-TV 13 his group believed it was on public property because it was outside the pavilion. He admitted to arguing with deputies when asked to leave. De los Santos can be heard on video saying, "It's our constitutional right. These people are free right here to be out here, why can't we?" Goff argued with the Christian group as members recorded his comments, saying, "People don't want to see that. … You must have a crush on me, man. Are you like a gay homosexual or something like that? You keep filming me!" The protesters were taken down the street from the event, and one deputy with the last name of Allen ordered a protester to turn his video camera off.
Glimpses of Bin Laden: Now WikiLeaks reveals Al Qaeda boss was seen at village meetings - despite CIA claims that they were clueless
Monday, July 26, 2010
Eliseo Medina, SEIU Vice President and Democratic Socialists of America Honorary Chair, was the lead speaker at last weekend's 2010 Netroots Nation discussion of Civil Rights in the Modern Era.
Here Medina tugs on the heartstrings and plays on the emotions as he urges the gathered, mainly young "progressives" to unite behind the illegal illegal immigrant community. Medina is very careful to blur the line between illegal immigrants and Latino Americans.
His message is that by exploiting the Latino vote, "progressives" can carry several key states in November. To do that, the left must portray any resistance to illegal immigration as an attack on all Latinos.
Physicist Dr. Denis Rancourt, a former professor and environmental science researcher at the University of Ottawa, has attacked the politicized global warming movement.
In a video released by Climate Depot, Dr. Rancourt declares that the entire man-made global warming movement is nothing more than a “corrupt social phenomenon.” “It is as much psychological and social phenomenon as anything else,” Rancourt, who has published peer-reviewed research, explained in a June 8, 2010 essay. (Rancourt's email: email@example.com)
“I argue that by far the most destructive force on the planet is power-driven financiers and profit-driven corporations and their cartels backed by military might; and that the global warming myth is a red herring that contributes to hiding this truth. In my opinion, activists who, using any justification, feed the global warming myth have effectively been co-opted, or at best neutralized,” Rancourt said.
Who Do You Love?
Who Do You Love? (2nd version)
Who Do You Love?, partial clip
ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY
HAVING THE PLUG PULLED
22 August 2010 Update straight from the Horse's Mouth.
Chris Miller: I think High Voltage was a combination of errors all of which I had nothing to do with. They did apologize, but it wasn't all their fault. Like I said, it was a combination. I was annoyed because the stage sound was great and you never know what' it's going to be like on a festival. It's frustrating to ravel 3,000 miles - to rehearse for a 35 minutes set - which somehow becomes 10 minutes. I hadn't even started. I felt bad for Andy, who came with me and I felt bad for all those people who came to see us. The whole thing got blown out of all proportion. I got angry - for about 30 seconds - what can you do?
Bill McCue: 'Great RH pic of you with Pagey at High Voltage. Do you two get on these days? I remember bad blood between Zep and MTH at the Uris in the 70's. Re: age - what's your secret?' Jimmy came to a MTH gig at Hammersmith but I wasn't able to meet him as I was leaving the stage and going straight back to the hotel to preserve the vocals. It was great he popped down to High Voltage with Ross. We had a couple of chats before and after the gig - he was genuinely nice. We never mentioned the Uris. We were talking about the real early days. My secret is Ross Halfin!
According to Greyhound Croydon:
Agree that the Down'n'Outz and IH set turned out to be such a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong... Joe and the Down'nOutz were brilliant. They seem to put more life and soul into some of the songs than the originals ever had live - and I do know - I have seen most of them live by Mott, British Lions, MTH and IH. They make you realise how good some of the more obscure or less popular songs were. The Quireboys are an exceptionally 'up' band and back Joe Elliot perfectly. If you get the chance, go and see them live. You won't regret it one bit. The problem at HV was the set length taking into account IH was meant to be a special guest. I must admit I was standing there thinking 'when are you bringin Ian on?' because I just knew they were running out of time. I think the brutal truth (sorry Joe) is that Joe just did too many songs before bringing Ian on stage, specially when you consider the last two before IH were true IH live classics. When Ian did come on with Andy York it was all a bit confused for a few minutes. Nobody quite seemed to know what they were doing - though that could well have been because Joe was getting hassle from the organisers. Two slightly uncomfortable songs later the PA system said 'thanks to the Down'n'Outz', followed by the band attempting another song to find all the PA system shut down. I really thought the crowd might be able to get another song out of the organisers but then the PA started playing recorded music and the stage hands were already pulling the equipment off the stage. A little entertainment followed when Ian raised his guitar ready to swipe at the organiser, but luckily realised his guitar was more valuable than the reults would have been worth. Nonetheless he still grabbed the organiser and started remonstrating with him. A waste of time though. Still - it did remind me of the last Hammersmith Odean gig by Mott, even though the result wasn't as satisfying. Nice to see Ian still has the old fighting spirit he always used to show though!And, there was discussion about the incident on the High Voltage web site and the web site contact music also ran a story about the event. Finally, Classic Rock emailed an attendee (name redacted) as an explanation:
So... that was that. Really annoyed at the organisers at first but you have to say, they have a strict deadline for ending the day and ELP were the headliner. It wouldn't have been fair to them or the ELP fans to have their proper time cut short. The organisers really should have let IH and Joe at least say goodbye though, rather than just cutting power. That is unforgivable.
Hi [Name appeared here]At least with the controversy they made the tabloids: any publicity is good publicity as in Hollywood I suppose. Even if the brief article is off-base it can not really hurt to publicize their music.
Thanks for your email. Your disappointment was shared by a lot of people, not least most of the Classic Rock staff. What appears to have happened is that Joe Elliott and co.'s set overran its allotted time. As the headliners (ELP) could not overrun to make up the time, due to a curfew that carried huge financial penalties (and possibly problems getting a licence for next year's event), Joe and ian had to come off before they had finished their planned set. They did, however, play for the amount of time they were scheduled to play. Maybe they timed their set wrongly.
Sorry for the disappointment, but it does appear to have been the artist(s) at fault, and not the festival organisers. .
One of the documents is a demarche and letter to Scottish First Minister Salmond from deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in London, Richard LeBaron, dated August 12, 2009, eight days before Megrahi was released.
Leaked to London’s Sunday Times this week, the letter reportedly argues that Megrahi should remain in custody – but goes on to say that if Scotland concludes he must be released, then doing so on compassionate grounds would be “far preferable” to his repatriation under a prisoner transfer agreement (PTA) which Britain negotiated with Libya in 2007.
The text verifies that Obama lied with his statement of the time that “all of us here in the United States were surprised, disappointed, and angry” about Megrahi’s release.
The second document which Scotland says the U.S. is withholding permission to make public is a note of a telephone conversation between Scottish justice minister Kenny MacAskill and Attorney General Eric Holder, apparently on June 26, 2009. The contents of that note remain secret.
The arrangements about Lockerbie has been shuffled under the carpet for some time.
Goldman Sachs Redistributes $4.3 Billion in Taxpayer's Money to Overseas Banks, hedge funds and pensions
Royal Bank of Scotland
DZ AG Deutsche Zantrake Genossenschaftz Bank
AIG received the bailout of $85 billion at the discretion of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which was led at the time by Timothy Geithner. He now is U.S. treasury secretary.
An attempt to reach Geithner Friday night through the White House public information office was unsuccessful.
One of the biggest leaks in U.S. military history has exposed several cover-ups over the war in Afghanistan, including the deaths of hundreds of civilians. The whistle-blowing website, Wikileaks, handed over 90-thousand classified documents to British, American and German newspapers. They also include information on increased Taliban attacks, as well as NATO fears that Pakistan and Iran are fueling the insurgency. The White House says the leaked Pentagon files and field reports were no surprise, but that they threaten national security.
As I have asserted for years, the Pakistanis have been playing the Americans to the hilt. They take our aid and it goes right into funding additional terror. The recently released Wikileaks documents simply verify the connection that I suspected for years.
It is also not surprising that these leaks surfaced now, not longer after the retirement and departure of General McChrystal. My guess is that the American military has been advising Obama about these conditions, all to no avail. The soldiers who have been placed in harms way do not have the support that they need and deserve. The Pakistanis are two-faced and their involvement with America's enemies contrast sharply with the frequently optimistic public propaganda spoon fed to the American public. Pakistan is portrayed as an ally by American officials and we need their support to sustain a drone campaign over parts of Pakistani territory to strike at al-Qaeda havens. Clinton recently announced $500 million in assistance and called the United States and Pakistan “partners joined in common cause.”
Sunday, July 25, 2010
ACORN whistle-blower Anita Moncrief held a press conference today at the Right Online Convention in Las Vegas. She announced today that she will press FEC charges against the Obama Administration for the campaign’s illegal work with ACORN during the 2008 election.
Anita Moncrief set a new web site Emerging Corruption.
Pamela Geller vs "Palestine Center" Rap Artist, Debate Staten Island Mosque Victory, "Mosques in America:" References
The Palestine Center is virulently anti-semitic -- cf. a recent lecture for legitimizing the genocidal jihad group Hamas: "The Requirements for Co-Existence with Hamas" by Robert Pastor (2009) or "Legacy of the 1948 Catastrophe" by Dr. Michael Fischbach -- (Palestine Center). And most recently they hosted the academic, John Mearsheimer. The claims are listed below:
The Muslim "rap artist" denies that the Muslim American Society is the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S., but the Muslim Brotherhood's own website carries the Chicago Tribune expose from 2004 that identifies the MAS as the Brotherhood's arm in the U.S.: "In recent years, the U.S. Brotherhood operated under the name Muslim American Society, according to documents and interviews." -- Chicago Tribune, 2004, via the Muslim Brotherhood's English-language website, Ikhwanweb. And according to a captured internal document, the Muslim Brotherhood's "work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and Allah's religion is made victorious over all other religions." -- Cf. An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Joe Elliot's Down 'N' Outz Featuring Ian Hunter - All The Young Dudes, Live at Borderline Club, 22 July 2010
Ian Hunter joins Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliot's band Down 'N' Outz onstage during All The Young Dudes at The Borderline in Soho on 22nd July 2010. The mic wasn't ideally placed and they didn't quite get the sound right on Ian's voice but this is what was captured.
Roll Away the Stone
Here’s the set-list: ‘Funeral For A Friend’/‘Love Lies Bleeding’, ‘One More Chance To Run’, ‘Golden Opportunity’, ‘Storm’, ‘Overnight Angels’, ‘Whizz Kid’, ‘Shouting And Pointing’, ‘Who Do You Love’, ‘One Of The Boys’, ‘England Rocks’, ‘By Tonight’, ‘Rock ‘N’ Roll Queen’ and ‘Good Times’, plus ‘All The Way From Memphis’, ‘Roll Away The Stone’ and ‘All The Young Dudes’.
Hector Maldonado demonstrates how the DNC did not certify Obama's Constitutional eligibility to be POTUS.
Army Combat Vet and Missouri Senate Candidate Hector Maldonado demonstrates how the DNC did not certify Obama's Constitutional eligibility to be POTUS.
Message from Frank Gaffney: The Center for Security Policy today unveiled a powerful 1-minute video opposing the construction of a 13-story, $100 million mega-mosque near the hallowed ground of the World Trade Center. The Twin Towers were destroyed on 9/11 by adherents to the barbaric, supremacist and totalitarian program authoritative Islam calls "Shariah." And the imam who is promoting this mosque has publicly declared that he seeks to "bring Shariah to America."
As the ad makes clear, Shariah's followers have long built mosques on the most sacred sites of those they have conquered -- for example, on Jerusalem's Temple Mount, at Constantinople/Istanbul's St. Sophia Basilica and in Cordoba, Spain, the capital of the occupying Moors' Muslim kingdom.
A growing chorus of New Yorkers and other Americans -- including, notably, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin -- have expressed outrage at the prospect of a similar, permanent beachhead for Shariah being use to defile Ground Zero, and symbolize America's defeat at the hands of her enemies. We say, "No Mosque at Ground Zero."
ReAL Chairman Dr. Jim Garlow appears on Fox and Friends to discuss the Cordoba Initiative and its meaning.
John Jay, the first U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, wrote in a letter dated July 25, 1787 to George Washington regarding the qualifications of the president:
Permit me to hint, whether it would not be wise and seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of foreigners into the administration of our national government; and to declare expressly that the command in chief of the American Army shall not be given to nor devolve on, any but a natural-born citizen.
Jindahl quotes Obama saying, "Governor, if people lose their jobs because of the [drilling] moratorium, they can file a BP claim. I said, with all due respect, what if BP doesn't pay. He said don't worry Governor, they can file an unemployment claim. I said with all due respect Mr. President, we don't want a BP check or an unemployment check, we want to go back to work."
Obama also told Jindahl if the drilling rigs leave, meaning if they are taken to other locations because of a lack of operation in the Gulf of Mexico, "the rigs will just come back." Jindahl tells the crowd - "as if you can turn it on and off like a switch." Jindahl said the rigs are gone for years, two are on their way to Africa right now.
"Fink’s long-standing relationships with senior government officials, particularly former Treasury secretary Henry Paulson and Geithner, his successor."
Gulf Residents Outraged over Handling of $20 Billion BP Fund
A high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) attack potentially could disrupt or damage electronic systems over much of the United States as revealed in a hearing of the House Armed Services Committee in July 2008. And if this plan is implemented, then why would a cyber bill effectively shut down the remainder of the Internet? A plan in place would ensure that critical communications would continue. There is no need to shut down private, civilian networks, unless the intent is cut off debate, disagreement, and discussion.
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Retired Army Major General Jerry Ralph Curry appeared on the Talk to Solomon Show and was questioned about Obama eligibility challenger LTC Terry Lakin and Obama's eligibility.
Retired Army Major General Jerry Ralph Curry appeared on the Talk to Solomon Show and was questioned about Obama eligibility challenger LTC Terry Lakin and Obama's eligibility. During this exchange MGEN Curry says that LTC Lakin is a very brave man but they will try to destroy him personally. He goes on to say we shouldn't play games with Obama. The MGEN then says the House and Senate need to serve notice on Obama to clear up his eligibility or resign. Video of the exchange embedded below.
Hat tip to the Conservative Monster.
The short video is posted below MGEN Curry's bio; Jerry Curry has had several careers. The first began when he enlisted in the U.S. Army as a Private during the Korean War. Serendipitously, this led to a 34-year military career during which he worked his way up through the infantry ranks to retire as a Major General. Next came a career in the private sector, which included standing as a candidate for the U.S. Congress. This was followed by three years as the administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Today, in addition to his business consulting work, he pursues an operatic career.
Jerry is a decorated combat veteran, Army Aviator, Paratrooper, and Ranger, who for nearly forty years has served his country both in the military and as a Presidential political appointee. During the Viet Nam War, he was a U.S. Advisor to a South Vietnamese infantry regiment and flew helicopters and reconnaissance planes. Along the way he earned three college degrees.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Mark Bauerlein, The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future; Or, Don’t Trust Anyone Under 30
Obama-Clinton emphasized words such as "peace"; Bush-Reagan used "peace" less. Obama-Clinton emphasized "war" less; Bush-Reagan used "war" more. Obama-Clinton emphasized "freedom" less; Bush-Reagan used "freedom" more. Obama-Clinton de-emphasized "democracy"; Bush-Reagan used "democracy" more. Obama-Clinton emphasized "Islam"; Bush-Reagan de-emphasized "Islam."
By comparing their respective speeches, you elicit a clear contrast in the use of words and thus what concepts or ideas they emphasize.
This year's poll also finds a 15-point drop in high confidence in the presidency, to 36% from 51% in June 2009. Over the same period, Obama's approval rating fell by 11 points, from 58% to 47%.
Another interesting statistic is that although confidence has been declining, which is the general trend, the top four highest ranked institutions have traditionally been associated with the right-wing in American politics: military, small business, police, and church or organized religion.
The military continues its long-standing run as the highest-rated U.S. institution. Small business and the police occupy second and third places, respectively. These three top-tier institutions all earn high confidence from a majority of Americans, something no other institution achieves this year.
The military has been No. 1 in Gallup's annual Confidence in Institutions list continuously since 1998, and has ranked No.1 or No. 2 almost every year since its initial 1975 measure.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Stated baldly, per Feldman, that the contemporary world is oddly enough experiencing a re-birth of Islamic states and is thus worthy of study, I whole-heartedly concur, although it is a trend I view warily. On the other hand, when Feldman asserts, as he does, that "Americans have never fully resolved the question of whether the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and property preexist the U.S. Constitution or derive from it " (Rise, p. 13), then I have to take issue with Feldman. The Founders believed inalienable rights arise from a Supreme Being or Power, i.e., God.
Feldman does develop his notion into an even more problematic area. He argues that an opposing (and I would argue one that is faithful to the American Constitution)
"viewpoint that emerges from inward looking constitutional thought is that international bodies (and hence, the law they produce) lack the legitimacy of direct, democratic procedures. The outward looking concept is characterized by the view that the constitution is the paradigm of the rule of law and should embody justice in governance. This view embraces international organizations as an institutional link between universal values of freedom and justice and the implementation of the rule of law." Cf. "Feldman calls for outward-looking view of Constitution"
I believe you have the outlines demarcated between two substantially opposing viewpoints of the law. On the one hand, do natural rights precede individuals and are guaranteed by God? Or, does the law arise from a universally human and international understanding of justice? The first is the American understanding of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness while the latter is the international and contingent nature of humanly applied justice.
Professor Feldman, who joined the faculty of HLS in 2007, is a distinguished scholar in the areas of constitutional design, law and religion, and legal history. His most recent book, which examines the history of Sharia law, is titled The Fall and Rise of the Islamic State. His three previous books are Divided by God: America's Church and State Dilemma, What We Owe Iraq: War and the Ethics of Nation Building, and After Jihad, America and the Struggle for Islamic Democracy. His experience before joining the HLS faculty included a role as senior constitutional advisor to the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq and service as law clerk to Justice David Souter at the U.S. Supreme Court. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University in 1992 with an A.B. in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, was a Rhodes Scholar, received a D.Phil from Oxford University in Islamic Thought in 1994, and received his J.D. from Yale Law School in 1997.
The Constitutional Judiciary in the Muslim World:
Its Influence on the Interpretation of Constitutional and Legislative Texts
1970 to 2008 (November 12-14, 2008)
Welcome by the Dean of Harvard Law School, Professor Elena Kagan
1. Wednesday, November 12, 9:30 - 10:15 am: The 20th century judiciary of the Muslim World: its historical emergence (Adel Omar SHERIF)
The purpose of this presentation is to shed light on the emergence and spread of the specialized model of the constitutional judiciary in a number of the Islamic countries during the last third of the 20th Century. We are going to highlight the interesting role it has been playing in shaping the constitutional, political, societal, economical dimensions of the systems of government and the citizens’ daily life of those countries through the noteworthy influence it has continuously left on the process of interpreting the constitutional and legislative texts, especially since the 1970s until today.
The scholarly literature is still debating whether the constitutional judiciary in the Muslim World has come into existence responding to public pressures, outside influence or true intentions on the rulers’ part to introduce effective judicial, and more democratic, reforms. These scholarly debates have led to different theories on the phenomenal evolution of the constitutional judiciary that reflects a progressive development of the legal thought in the Muslim World. These theories will be evaluated in the course of the presentation.
The increasing trend towards inscribing Islamic Shari’a principles into state constitutions in Islamic countries and the challenges that the constitutional judiciary has met with, in its attempt to enforce these norms, will be analyzed through an examination of its jurisprudence as it has evolved over the past forty years or so.
2. Wednesday, November 12, 11:15 - 11:45 am:
The introduction of the “Principles of the Islamic Shari’a” as a major source of the national legislation in the constitutions of major Muslim countries, 1970-2008 (Baber JOHANSEN)
The introduction of constitutional amendments in the 1970s and 1980 that made “the principles of the Islamic Shari’a” a major or even the major source of national legislation has, on the one hand, given a new Islamic dimension to constitutional law, it has, on the other, raised the question of the relation between this amendment and the other articles of the constitution. Is the Islamizing amendment an article above or in the constitution? Do all other articles of the constitution have to be interpreted in its light or is the constitution one body in which the new amendment has to be interpreted in a way that guarantees the rights and freedoms protected by the constitution? In the last instance the question is how, if the Islamizing amendment is above the rest of the constitution, the constitution can guarantee its status as being above the positive law and the constitution.
In the debates on constitutional law this question has been discussed in great detail and from multiple and contradictory positions. The discussion in this paper will center on the conditions under which this amendment has been introduced into the constitution of Pakistan, the constitution of Egypt and the constitution of the UAE and how the legal debates and the positions of the Supreme Courts differ with regard to this question.
3. Wednesday, November 12, 2:00 - 2:30 pm:
The emergence of the constitutional judiciary in the Arab World
(Salsabil KLIBI and Ghazi GHERAIRI)
The introduction of a constitutional judiciary in the political regimes of Muslim countries is part of a process of reform of the political power of those states which has its origin in the Nahda [Renaissance] that these countries initiated since the 19th century. Since their beginning these reforms saw in the occidental world their source of inspiration if not of pure and simple importation.
But the reformers of the Muslim World are constantly nagged by one question: “ Is this occidental model on which the awakening of the Muslim World depends compatible with the precepts of the shari’a”?
Until today, this question has never ceased to torment the minds in this part of the world. This fact explains the tension that characterizes the reform process of the Muslim World since the 19th century, a tension between the imperatives of Modernity and all their implications concerning the status and the role of religion in the exercise of political power but also between the concept of the individual and his relations with the society and the political power on the one hand, the precepts of Islam on the other.
4. Wednesday, November 12, 3:00 – 3:30 pm
Landmark decisions of the Tunisian constitutional judiciary
The modern history of Tunisia shows us the remarkable presence, since the 19th century, of a strong constitutional consciousness, expressed as well in the discourse of claiming rights as in the official language. It is even possible to speak of a Tunisian constitutionalism.
In spite of this historical basis the institution of an organ that controls the constitutional character of statutes is of very recent date still largely imperfect.
In fact, the Tunisian Constitutional Council is a young institution created in 1988. Its contribution to the crystallisation of fundamental principles of Tunisian Law is still at its very beginnings.
But it is possible to detach a certain number of principles that the Council has either proclaimed, reaffirmed or clarified. These principles are held together by the task of combining in one system the relations between public institutions on the one hand, the fundamental rights of individuals on the other.
5. Thursday, November 13, 9:00 - 9:30 am
Changes in the Family Law from 1950-2008: the case of Malaysia (Abdul Hamid MOHAMAD)
Malaysia is a Federation of 13 States. The Federation provides the legislative lists for the Federal Parliament and the State Legislative Assemblies. While most laws are a Federal matter and within the jurisdiction of the common law courts, Islamic law, including family law, is a State matter within the jurisdiction of the Shari’ah courts. To avoid conflict of jurisdictions between the two courts, the Federal Constitution was amended. However, while some jurisdictional issues have been settled by the Federal Court (Supreme Court), some issues still persist and require legislative intervention.
With the establishment of the Shari’ah courts, laws, procedural and substantive, had to be codified. Procedural laws, civil and criminal, of the common law courts were adopted, with necessary modifications to make them Shari’ah-compliance. In the codification of the law of evidence and family law, laws from both sources were adopted even though a large portion of which were from the Shari’ah source.
I foresee that Muslim majority countries will adopt principles of both common law (or civil law) and the Shari’ah and that there will be a disintegration of the mazhabs within the Shari’ah itself.
6. Thursday, November 13, 9:30 - 10:00 am
The evolution of Family Law in Morocco from 1950 to 2008 (Miloud Laksir)
The presentation deals with the evolution of family law in Morocco across three distinct periods in the history of Morocco.
1. Before Morocco became a French protectorate in 1912.
-Islamic Law and traditional rules were applied to Moroccan Muslims;
-Moroccan Jews had their own courts governed by Jewish family law;
-Foreigners living in Morocco were governed by their national family Law or by the provisions of bilateral agreements.
2. During the French Protectorate.
-Islamic Judge remained in charge of the implementation of Islamic family Law as far as Moroccan Muslims were concerned;
-As for Moroccan Jews, they continued to be ruled by the principles of Jewish family law;
-Modern courts were established for non-Muslim foreigners to deal with their family cases, except for the Americans whose cases were considered by American consulates.
3. The period during which Morocco has been independent.
-In 1958, the first Family code was adopted and was amended in 1993, in particular its provision concerning marriage and matrimonial supervision;
-The year 2001, saw a major step forward accomplished in Morocco through the establishment of a Royal commission Chaired Chief Justice Dr Driss DAHAK, with the mandate of conducting a comprehensive revision of the provisions of the family code in force then. The four-year work of the Commission resulted in the drafting of a new family Law which was adopted by Parliament in February 2004.
-The provisions of the new Law stressed among other things, the principle of equality between husband and wife concerning the conclusion of the marriage contract.
It also placed the issue of divorce and marriage with more than one wife, under the court’s control strengthened the rights of the child and eased procedures regarding alimony.
7. Thursday, November 13, 10:00 - 10:30 am
The growing influence of the judiciary in the fields of marriage, maintenance, divorce and succession: the role of family jurisdictions
Before the French protectorate was established in Morocco in 1912, Islamic law was applied in the country according to the Malikite rite. Then judges were appointed by the King in his capacity as Commander of the Faithful and the King would review decisions under special circumstances.
During the Protectorate period, the French introduced in Morocco, civil, criminal, commercial and property laws. However Moroccan Islamic law judges continued to be in charge of the implementation of Islamic law in cases concerning personal status, succession and properties without a title.
Furthermore, Moroccan Jews have their own judges who apply to them Jewish religious law. As to the French and other foreigners, residing in Morocco their family relations are governed by the provisions of the Royal Decree of 1913, which is still applied to non-Muslim foreigners.
When Morocco gained its independence, a code of personal status was introduced in 1958 and was amended in 1993. Then, in 2004, the present family Law of Morocco was adopted and entered into force.
The presentation consists of four parts: marriage, divorce, maintenance and succession. Each part will feature specific laws and how they were implemented by judges and how through this exercise, the Judiciary influenced the legislator in changing those laws.
Comments on key decisions will also constitute a major aspect of the presentation
8. Thursday, November 13, 10:30 - 11:00 am
Filiation and integration into the family of the orphaned child: an alternative approach (Walina Cheikh MAOULAININE)
The presentation will have two sections:
Section one will deal will the filiation of the child, the means to establish filiation, which are married life, confession of the father, and sexual intercourse by mistake (Choubha). This section will also touch on recourse concerning filiation through anathema oath and acknowledgement of fatherhood.
Section two will focus on the integration of the orphan into the family in the light of the Moroccan family law and other laws.
9. Thursday, November 13, 3:30 - 4:00 pm
The evolution of Tunisian Family Law between legislation and jurisprudence, from the enactment of the Code of Personal Status (1956 to the present) (Salsabil Klibi)
Tunisia did not proclaim the idea of laïcité in the text of its constitution, as Turkey did, but she has nevertheless opted for a positivist definition of its legal order.
In fact, in proclaiming the principle of the sovereignty of the people, a people that makes law through a parliament which it elects directly, Tunisia recognizes indirectly that the state is the only source of law and that the shari’a is limited to the role of a material source of law.
However, in its first article, the Tunisian Constitution proclaims also:” Tunisia is a free, independent and sovereign state. Arabic is its language and Islam is its religion”.
This ambiguity of the constitutional text inspires the question whether there is a possibility of a third way between a laic and a theocratic state.
Family Law is the privileged place for the unfolding of the sharia, even in states that want to demark themselves from it. In analyzing some court decisions on the liberty to contract marriage and on inheritance we will try to show the direction in which the consciousness of the Tunisian judge, reflecting without doubt the collective Tunisian consciousness, has – even if hesitatingly –developed. Starting with the idea that the shari’a can legitimately unfold in the law of a state that claims to pertain to Islam it has recognized the concept that Islam is but one characteristic of the society. Consequently, the judge who works out solutions to conflicts that refer to personal status law has to take into consideration or even make prevail other political values that have been given the status of legal rules of the highest rank.
A summary report of the conference is available as well.
The original article, which has generated an incredible amount of hits, has mysteriously disappeared: 24 November 2014. http://www.wnd.com...
Historical precedents for Obama's Forward slogan.
Six-Day War The original Mandate for Palestine, agreed to unanimously by the League of Nations in 1920, designated 124,466 sq. km....
In modern times, the term Ides of March is best known as the date that Julius Caesar was killed in 44 B.C. Julius Caesar was stabbed (23 ti...
Video, article, and additional background are available. How the Iron Dome Works Israel deploys 'Iron Dome' anti-rocket system.
Handout photo shows a colorful billboard in Grand Junction, Colorado depicting US President Barack Obama as a suicide bomber, a gangster, a ...
"Diverse reviewers have repeatedly documented gross pro-Islamic, anti-Christian distortions in social studies texts."
The following is an email written by a lieutenant colonel at Fort Campbell in Kentucky — advising three dozen subordinates to be on the look...
Reading since summer 2006 (some of the classics are re-reads): including magazine subscriptions
- Abbot, Edwin A., Flatland;
- Accelerate: Technology Driving Business Performance;
- ACM Queue: Architecting Tomorrow's Computing;
- Adkins, Lesley and Roy A. Adkins, Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome;
- Ali, Ayaan Hirsi, Nomad: From Islam to America: A Personal Journey Through the Clash of Civilizations;
- Ali, Tariq, The Clash of Fundamentalisms: Crusades, Jihads, and Modernity;
- Allawi, Ali A., The Crisis of Islamic Civilization;
- Alperovitz, Gar, The Decision To Use the Atomic Bomb;
- American School & University: Shaping Facilities & Business Decisions;
- Angelich, Jane, What's a Mother (in-Law) to Do?: 5 Essential Steps to Building a Loving Relationship with Your Son's New Wife;
- Arad, Yitzchak, In the Shadow of the Red Banner: Soviet Jews in the War Against Nazi Germany;
- Aristotle, Athenian Constitution. Eudemian Ethics. Virtues and Vices. (Loeb Classical Library No. 285);
- Aristotle, Metaphysics: Books X-XIV, Oeconomica, Magna Moralia (The Loeb classical library);
- Armstrong, Karen, A History of God;
- Arrian: Anabasis of Alexander, Books I-IV (Loeb Classical Library No. 236);
- Atkinson, Rick, The Guns at Last Light: The War in Western Europe, 1944-1945 (Liberation Trilogy);
- Auletta, Ken, Googled: The End of the World As We Know It;
- Austen, Jane, Pride and Prejudice;
- Bacevich, Andrew, The Limits of Power: The End of American Exceptionalism;
- Baker, James A. III, and Lee H. Hamilton, The Iraq Study Group Report: The Way Forward - A New Approach;
- Barber, Benjamin R., Jihad vs. McWorld: Terrorism's Challenge to Democracy;
- Barnett, Thomas P.M., Blueprint for Action: A Future Worth Creating;
- Barnett, Thomas P.M., The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-First Century;
- Barron, Robert, Catholicism: A Journey to the Heart of the Faith;
- Baseline: Where Leadership Meets Technology;
- Baur, Michael, Bauer, Stephen, eds., The Beatles and Philosophy;
- Beard, Charles Austin, An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States (Sony Reader);
- Benjamin, Daniel & Steven Simon, The Age of Sacred Terror: Radical Islam's War Against America;
- Bergen, Peter, The Osama bin Laden I Know: An Oral History of al Qaeda's Leader;
- Berman, Paul, Terror and Liberalism;
- Berman, Paul, The Flight of the Intellectuals: The Controversy Over Islamism and the Press;
- Better Software: The Print Companion to StickyMinds.com;
- Bleyer, Kevin, Me the People: One Man's Selfless Quest to Rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America;
- Boardman, Griffin, and Murray, The Oxford Illustrated History of the Roman World;
- Bracken, Paul, The Second Nuclear Age: Strategy, Danger, and the New Power Politics;
- Bradley, James, with Ron Powers, Flags of Our Fathers;
- Bronte, Charlotte, Jane Eyre;
- Bronte, Emily, Wuthering Heights;
- Brown, Ashley, War in Peace Volume 10 1974-1984: The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Postwar Conflict;
- Brown, Ashley, War in Peace Volume 8 The Marshall Cavendish Illustrated Encyclopedia of Postwar Conflict;
- Brown, Nathan J., When Victory Is Not an Option: Islamist Movements in Arab Politics;
- Bryce, Robert, Gusher of Lies: The Dangerous Delusions of "Energy Independence";
- Bush, George W., Decision Points;
- Bzdek, Vincent, The Kennedy Legacy: Jack, Bobby and Ted and a Family Dream Fulfilled;
- Cahill, Thomas, Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea: Why the Greeks Matter;
- Campus Facility Maintenance: Promoting a Healthy & Productive Learning Environment;
- Campus Technology: Empowering the World of Higher Education;
- Certification: Tools and Techniques for the IT Professional;
- Channel Advisor: Business Insights for Solution Providers;
- Chariton, Callirhoe (Loeb Classical Library);
- Chief Learning Officer: Solutions for Enterprise Productivity;
- Christ, Karl, The Romans: An Introduction to Their History and Civilization;
- Cicero, De Senectute;
- Cicero, The Republic, The Laws;
- Cicero, The Verrine Orations I: Against Caecilius. Against Verres, Part I; Part II, Book 1 (Loeb Classical Library);
- Cicero, The Verrine Orations I: Against Caecilius. Against Verres, Part I; Part II, Book 2 (Loeb Classical Library);
- CIO Decisions: Aligning I.T. and Business in the MidMarket Enterprise;
- CIO Insight: Best Practices for IT Business Leaders;
- CIO: Business Technology Leadership;
- Clay, Lucius Du Bignon, Decision in Germany;
- Cohen, William S., Dragon Fire;
- Colacello, Bob, Ronnie and Nancy: Their Path to the White House, 1911 to 1980;
- Coll, Steve, The Bin Ladens: An Arabian Family in the American Century;
- Collins, Francis S., The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief ;
- Colorni, Angelo, Israel for Beginners: A Field Guide for Encountering the Israelis in Their Natural Habitat;
- Compliance & Technology;
- Computerworld: The Voice of IT Management;
- Connolly, Peter & Hazel Dodge, The Ancient City: Life in Classical Athens & Rome;
- Conti, Greg, Googling Security: How Much Does Google Know About You?;
- Converge: Strategy and Leadership for Technology in Education;
- Cowan, Ross, Roman Legionary 58 BC - AD 69;
- Cowell, F. R., Life in Ancient Rome;
- Creel, Richard, Religion and Doubt: Toward a Faith of Your Own;
- Cross, Robin, General Editor, The Encyclopedia of Warfare: The Changing Nature of Warfare from Prehistory to Modern-day Armed Conflicts;
- CSO: The Resource for Security Executives:
- Cummins, Joseph, History's Greatest Wars: The Epic Conflicts that Shaped the Modern World;
- D'Amato, Raffaele, Imperial Roman Naval Forces 31 BC-AD 500;
- Dallek, Robert, An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy 1917-1963;
- Daly, Dennis, Sophocles' Ajax;
- Dando-Collins, Stephen, Caesar's Legion: The Epic Saga of Julius Caesar's Elite Tenth Legion and the Armies of Rome;
- Darwish, Nonie, Now They Call Me Infidel: Why I Renounced Jihad for America, Israel, and the War on Terror;
- Davis Hanson, Victor, Makers of Ancient Strategy: From the Persian Wars to the Fall of Rome;
- Dawkins, Richard, The Blind Watchmaker;
- Dawkins, Richard, The God Delusion;
- Dawkins, Richard, The Selfish Gene;
- de Blij, Harm, Why Geography Matters: Three Challenges Facing America, Climate Change, The Rise of China, and Global Terrorism;
- Defense Systems: Information Technology and Net-Centric Warfare;
- Defense Systems: Strategic Intelligence for Info Centric Operations;
- Defense Tech Briefs: Engineering Solutions for Military and Aerospace;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Consciousness Explained;
- Dennett, Daniel C., Darwin's Dangerous Idea;
- Devries, Kelly, et. al., Battles of the Ancient World 1285 BC - AD 451 : From Kadesh to Catalaunian Field;
- Dickens, Charles, Great Expectations;
- Digital Communities: Building Twenty-First Century Communities;
- Doctorow, E.L., Homer & Langley;
- Dodds, E. R., The Greeks and the Irrational;
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor, The House of the Dead (Google Books, Sony e-Reader);
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor, The Idiot;
- Douglass, Elisha P., Rebels and Democrats: The Struggle for Equal Political Rights and Majority Role During the American Revolution;
- Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan, The Hound of the Baskervilles & The Valley of Fear;
- Dr. Dobb's Journal: The World of Software Development;
- Drug Discovery News: Discovery/Development/Diagnostics/Delivery;
- DT: Defense Technology International;
- Dunbar, Richard, Alcatraz;
- Education Channel Partner: News, Trends, and Analysis for K-20 Sales Professionals;
- Edwards, Aton, Preparedness Now!;
- EGM: Electronic Gaming Monthly, the No. 1 Videogame Magazine;
- Ehrman, Bart D., Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scriptures and the Faiths We Never Knew;
- Ehrman, Bart D., Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why;
- Electronic Engineering Times: The Industry Newsweekly for the Creators of Technology;
- Ellis, Joseph J., American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson;
- Ellis, Joseph J., His Excellency: George Washington;
- Emergency Management: Strategy & Leadership in Critical Times;
- Emerson, Steven, American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us;
- Erlewine, Robert, Monotheism and Tolerance: Recovering a Religion of Reason (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion);
- ESD: Embedded Systems Design;
- Everitt, Anthony, Augustus: The Life of Rome's First Emperor;
- Everitt, Anthony, Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician;
- eWeek: The Enterprise Newsweekly;
- Federal Computer Week: Powering the Business of Government;
- Ferguson, Niall, Civilization: The West and the Rest;
- Ferguson, Niall, Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power;
- Ferguson, Niall, The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World, 1700-2000;
- Ferguson, Niall, The War of the World: Twentieth-Century Conflict and the Decline of the West;
- Feuerbach, Ludwig, The Essence of Christianity (Sony eReader);
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army of the Principate 27 BC-AD 117;
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army of the Punic Wars 264-146 BC;
- Fields, Nic, The Roman Army: the Civil Wars 88-31 BC;
- Finkel, Caroline, Osman's Dream: The History of the Ottoman Empire;
- Fisk, Robert, The Great War For Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East;
- Forstchen, William R., One Second After;
- Fox, Robin Lane, The Classical World: An Epic History from Homer to Hadrian;
- Frazer, James George, The Golden Bough (Volume 3): A Study in Magic and Religion (Sony eReader);
- Freeh, Louis J., My FBI: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror;
- Freeman, Charles, The Greek Achievement: The Foundations of the Western World;
- Friedman, Thomas L. The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century Further Updated and Expanded/Release 3.0;
- Friedman, Thomas L., The Lexus and the Olive Tree: Understanding Globalization;
- Frontinus: Stratagems. Aqueducts of Rome. (Loeb Classical Library No. 174);
- Fuller Focus: Fuller Theological Seminary;
- Fuller, Graham E., A World Without Islam;
- Gaubatz, P. David and Paul Sperry, Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America;
- Ghattas, Kim, The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power;
- Gibson, William, Neuromancer;
- Gilmour, Michael J., Gods and Guitars: Seeking the Sacred in Post-1960s Popular Music;
- Global Services: Strategies for Sourcing People, Processes, and Technologies;
- Glucklich, Ariel, Dying for Heaven: Holy Pleasure and Suicide Bombers-Why the Best Qualities of Religion Are Also It's Most Dangerous;
- Goldberg, Jonah, Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning;
- Goldin, Shmuel, Unlocking the Torah Text Vayikra (Leviticus);
- Goldsworthy, Adrian, Caesar: Life of a Colossus;
- Goldsworthy, Adrian, How Rome Fell: Death of a Superpower;
- Goodman, Lenn E., Creation and Evolution;
- Goodwin, Doris Kearns, Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln;
- Gopp, Amy, et.al., Split Ticket: Independent Faith in a Time of Partisan Politics (WTF: Where's the Faith?);
- Gordon, Michael R., and Bernard E. Trainor, Cobra II: The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq;
- Government Health IT: The Magazine of Public/private Health Care Convergence;
- Government Technology's Emergency Management: Strategy & Leadership in Critical Times;
- Government Technology: Solutions for State and Local Government in the Information Age;
- Grant , Michael, The Climax of Rome: The Final Achievements of the Ancient World, AD 161 - 337;
- Grant, Michael, The Classical Greeks;
- Grumberg, Orna, and Helmut Veith, 25 Years of Model Checking: History, Achievements, Perspectives;
- Halberstam, David, War in a Time of Peace: Bush, Clinton, and the Generals;
- Hammer, Reuven, Entering Torah Prefaces to the Weekly Torah Portion;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, An Autumn of War: What America Learned from September 11 and the War on Terrorism;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Between War and Peace: Lessons from Afghanistan to Iraq;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Carnage and Culture: Landmark Battles in the Rise of Western Power;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, How The Obama Administration Threatens Our National Security (Encounter Broadsides);
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Makers of Ancient Strategy: From the Persian Wars to the Fall of Rome;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Ripples of Battle: How Wars of the Past Still Determine How We Fight, How We Live, and How We Think;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, The End of Sparta: A Novel;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, The Soul of Battle: From Ancient Times to the Present Day, How Three Great Liberators Vanquished Tyranny;
- Hanson, Victor Davis, Wars of the Ancient Greeks;
- Harnack, Adolf Von, History of Dogma, Volume 3 (Sony Reader);
- Harris, Alex, Reputation At Risk: Reputation Report;
- Harris, Sam, Letter to a Christian Nation;
- Harris, Sam, The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason;
- Hayek, F. A., The Road to Serfdom;
- Heilbroner, Robert L., and Lester Thurow, Economics Explained: Everything You Need to Know About How the Economy Works and Where It's Going;
- Hempel, Sandra, The Strange Case of The Broad Street Pump: John Snow and the Mystery of Cholera;
- Hinnells, John R., A Handbook of Ancient Religions;
- Hitchens, Christopher, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything;
- Hogg, Ian V., The Encyclopedia of Weaponry: The Development of Weaponry from Prehistory to 21st Century Warfare;
- Hugo, Victor, The Hunchback of Notre Dame;
- Humphrey, Caroline & Vitebsky, Piers, Sacred Architecture;
- Huntington, Samuel P., The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order;
- Info World: Information Technology News, Computer Networking & Security;
- Information Week: Business Innovation Powered by Technology:
- Infostor: The Leading Source for Enterprise Storage Professionals;
- Infrastructure Insite: Bringing IT Together;
- Insurance Technology: Business Innovation Powered by Technology;
- Integrated Solutions: For Enterprise Content Management;
- Intel Premier IT: Sharing Best Practices with the Information Technology Community;
- Irwin, Robert, Dangerous Knowledge: Orientalism and Its Discontents;
- Jeffrey, Grant R., The Global-Warming Deception: How a Secret Elite Plans to Bankrupt America and Steal Your Freedom;
- Jewkes, Yvonne, and Majid Yar, Handbook of Internet Crime;
- Johnson, Chalmers, Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire;
- Journal, The: Transforming Education Through Technology;
- Judd, Denis, The Lion and the Tiger: The Rise and Fall of the British Raj, 1600-1947;
- Kagan, Donald, The Peloponnesian War;
- Kansas, Dave, The Wall Street Journal Guide to the End of Wall Street as We Know It: What You Need to Know About the Greatest Financial Crisis of Our Time--and How to Survive It;
- Karsh, Efraim, Islamic Imperialism: A History;
- Kasser, Rodolphe, The Gospel of Judas;
- Katz, Solomon, The Decline of Rome and the Rise of Medieval Europe: (The Development of Western Civilization);
- Keegan, John, Intelligence in War: The Value--and Limitations--of What the Military Can Learn About the Enemy;
- Kenis, Leo, et. al., The Transformation of the Christian Churches in Western Europe 1945-2000 (Kadoc Studies on Religion, Culture and Society 6);
- Kepel, Gilles, Jihad: The Trail of Political Islam;
- Kiplinger's: Personal Finance;
- Klein, Naomi, The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism;
- KM World: Content, Document, and Knowledge Management;
- Koestler, Arthur, Darkness at Noon: A Novel;
- Kostova, Elizabeth, The Historian;
- Kuttner, Robert, The Squandering of America: How the Failure of Our Politics Undermines Our Prosperity;
- Lake, Kirsopp, The Text of the New Testament, Sony Reader;
- Laur, Timothy M., Encyclopedia of Modern US Military Weapons ;
- Leffler, Melvyn P., and Jeffrey W. Legro, To Lead the World: American Strategy After the Bush Doctrine;
- Lendon, J. E., Soldiers and Ghosts: A History of Battle in Classical Antiquity;
- Lenin, V. I., Imperialism the Highest Stage of Capitalism;
- Lennon, John J., There is Absolutely No Reason to Pay Too Much for College!;
- Lewis, Bernard, The Crisis of Islam: Holy War and Unholy Terror;
- Lewis, Bernard, What Went Wrong?: The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East;
- Lifton, Robert J., Greg Mitchell, Hiroshima in America;
- Limberis, Vasiliki M., Architects of Piety: The Cappadocian Fathers and the Cult of the Martyrs;
- Lipsett, B. Diane, Desiring Conversion: Hermas, Thecla, Aseneth;
- Livingston, Jessica, Founders At Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days;
- Livy, Rome and the Mediterranean: Books XXXI-XLV of the History of Rome from its Foundation (Penguin Classics);
- Louis J., Freeh, My FBI: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror;
- Mackay, Christopher S., Ancient Rome: A Military and Political History;
- Majno, Guido, The Healing Hand: Man and Wound in the Ancient World;
- Marcus, Greil,Invisible Republic: Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes;
- Marshall-Cornwall, James, Napoleon as Military Commander;
- Maughm, W. Somerset, Of Human Bondage;
- McCluskey, Neal P., Feds in the Classroom: How Big Government Corrupts, Cripples, and Compromises American Education;
- McCullough, David, 1776;
- McCullough, David, John Adams;
- McCullough, David, Mornings on Horseback: The Story of an Extraordinary Family, a Vanished Way of Life and the Unique Child Who Became Theodore Roosevelt;
- McLynn, Frank, Marcus Aurelius: A Life;
- McManus, John, Deadly Brotherhood, The: The American Combat Soldier in World War II ;
- McMaster, H. R., Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam;
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 1: Origins and Destinies (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 2: Persons and Groups (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- McNamara, Patrick, Science and the World's Religions Volume 3: Religions and Controversies (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution);
- Meacham, Jon, American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House;
- Mearsheimer, John J., and Stephen M. Walt, The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy;
- Meier, Christian, Caesar: A Biography;
- Menzies, Gaven, 1421: The Year China Discovered America;
- Metaxas, Eric, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy;
- Michael, Katina and M.G. Michael, Innovative Automatic Identification and Location-Based Services: From Barcodes to Chip Implants;
- Migliore, Daniel L., Faith Seeking Understanding: An Introduction to Christian Theology;
- Military & Aerospace Electronics: The Magazine of Transformation in Electronic and Optical Technology;
- Millard, Candice, Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey: The River of Doubt;
- Mommsen, Theodor, The History of the Roman Republic, Sony Reader;
- Muller, F. Max, Chips From A German Workshop: Volume III: Essays On Language And Literature;
- Murray, Janet, H., Hamlet On the Holodeck: The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace;
- Murray, Williamson, War in the Air 1914-45;
- Müller, F. Max, Chips From A German Workshop;
- Nader, Ralph, Crashing the Party: Taking on the Corporate Government in an Age of Surrender;
- Nagl, John A., Learning to Eat Soup with a Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam;
- Napoleoni, Loretta, Terrorism and the Economy: How the War on Terror is Bankrupting the World;
- Nature: The International Weekly Journal of Science;
- Negus, Christopher, Fedora 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
- Network Computing: For IT by IT:
- Network World: The Leader in Network Knowledge;
- Network-centric Security: Where Physical Security & IT Worlds Converge;
- Newman, Paul B., Travel and Trade in the Middle Ages;
- Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm, The Nietzsche-Wagner Correspondence;
- Nixon, Ed, The Nixons: A Family Portrait;
- O'Brien, Johnny, Day of the Assassins: A Jack Christie Novel;
- O'Donnell, James J., Augustine: A New Biography;
- OH & S: Occupational Health & Safety
- Okakura, Kakuzo, The Book of Tea;
- Optimize: Business Strategy & Execution for CIOs;
- Ostler, Nicholas, Ad Infinitum: A Biography of Latin;
- Parry, Jay A., The Real George Washington (American Classic Series);
- Paton, W.R., The Greek Anthology, Volume V, Loeb Classical Library, No. 86;
- Pausanius, Guide to Greece 1: Central Greece;
- Perrett, Bryan, Cassell Military Classics: Iron Fist: Classic Armoured Warfare;
- Perrottet, Tony, The Naked Olympics: The True Story of the Olympic Games;
- Peters, Ralph, New Glory: Expanding America's Global Supremacy;
- Phillips, Kevin, American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush;
- Pick, Bernhard; Paralipomena; Remains of Gospels and Sayings of Christ (Sony Reader);
- Pimlott, John, The Elite: The Special Forces of the World Volume 1;
- Pitre, Brant, Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper;
- Plutarch's Lives, X: Agis and Cleomenes. Tiberius and Gaius Gracchus. Philopoemen and Flamininus (Loeb Classical Library®);
- Podhoretz, Norman, World War IV: The Long Struggle Against Islamofascism;
- Posner, Gerald, Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK;
- Potter, Wendell, Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans;
- Pouesi, Daniel, Akua;
- Premier IT Magazine: Sharing Best Practices with the Information Technology Community;
- Price, Monroe E. & Daniel Dayan, eds., Owning the Olympics: Narratives of the New China;
- Profit: The Executive's Guide to Oracle Applications;
- Public CIO: Technology Leadership in the Public Sector;
- Putnam, Robert D., Bowling Alone : The Collapse and Revival of American Community;
- Quintus of Smyrna, The Fall of Troy;
- Rawles, James Wesley, Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse;
- Red Herring: The Business of Technology;
- Redmond Channel Partner: Driving Success in the Microsoft Partner Community;
- Redmond Magazine: The Independent Voice of the Microsoft IT Community;
- Renan, Ernest, The life of Jesus (Sony eReader);
- Richler, Mordecai (editor), Writers on World War II: An Anthology;
- Roberts, Ian, The Energy Glut: Climate Change and the Politics of Fatness in an Overheating World;
- Rocca, Samuel, The Army of Herod the Great;
- Rodgers, Nigel, A Military History of Ancient Greece: An Authoritative Account of the Politics, Armies and Wars During the Golden Age of Ancient Greece, shown in over 200 color photographs, diagrams, maps and plans;
- Rodoreda, Merce, Death in Spring: A Novel;
- Romerstein, Herbert and Breindel, Eric,The Venona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors;
- Ross, Dennis, Statecraft: And How to Restore America's Standing in the World;
- Roth, Jonathan P., Roman Warfare (Cambridge Introduction to Roman Civilization);
- SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;
- Scahill, Jeremy, Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army [Revised and Updated];
- Schama, Simon, A History of Britain, At the Edge of the World 3500 B.C. - 1603 A.D.;
- Scheuer, Michael, Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War On Terror;
- Scheuer, Michael, Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq;
- Scheuer, Michael, Osama Bin Laden;
- Scheuer, Michael, Through Our Enemies Eyes: Osama Bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America;
- Scholastic Instructor
- Scholastic Parent & Child: The Joy of Family Living and Learning;
- Schopenhauer, Arthur, The World As Will And Idea (Sony eReader);
- Schug-Wille, Art of the Byzantine World;
- Schulze, Hagen, Germany: A New History;
- Schweizer, Peter, Architects of Ruin: How Big Government Liberals Wrecked the Global Economy---and How They Will Do It Again If No One Stops Them;
- Scott, Sir Walter, Ivanhoe;
- Seagren, Eric, Secure Your Network for Free: Using Nmap, Wireshark, Snort, Nessus, and MRTG;
- Security Technology & Design: The Security Executive's Resource for Systems Integration and Convergence;
- Seibel, Peter, Coders at Work;
- Sekunda N., & S. Northwood, Early Roman Armies;
- Seneca: Naturales Quaestiones, Books II (Loeb Classical Library No. 450);
- Sewall, Sarah, The U.S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual;
- Sheppard, Ruth, Alexander the Great at War: His Army - His Battles - His Enemies;
- Shinder, Jason, ed., The Poem That Changed America: "Howl" Fifty Years Later;
- Sidebottom, Harry, Ancient Warfare: A Very Short Introduction;
- Sides, Hampton, Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West;
- Simkins, Michael, The Roman Army from Caesar to Trajan;
- Sinchak, Steve, Hacking Windows Vista;
- Smith, RJ, The One: The Life and Music of James Brown;
- Software Development Times: The Industry Newspaper for Software Development Managers;
- Software Test Performance;
- Solomon, Norman, War Made Easy: How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death;
- Song, Lolan, Innovation Together: Microsoft Research Asia Academic Research Collaboration;
- Sophocles, The Three Theban Plays, tr. Robert Fagles;
- Sound & Vision: The Consumer Electronics Authority;
- Southern, Pat, The Roman Army: A Social and Institutional History;
- Sri, Edward, A Biblical Walk Through the Mass: Understanding What We Say and Do In The Liturgy;
- Sri, Edward, Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II's Love and Responsibility;
- Stair, John Bettridge, Old Samoa; Or, Flotsam and Jetsam From the Pacific Ocean;
- Starr, Chester G., The Roman Empire, 27 B.C.-A.D. 476: A Study in Survival;
- Starr, John Bryan, Understanding China: A Guide to China's Economy, History, and Political Culture;
- Stauffer, John, Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln;
- Steyn, Mark, America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War;
- Strassler, Robert B., The Landmark Xenophon's Hellenika;
- Strategy + Business;
- Streete, Gail, Redeemed Bodies: Women Martyrs in Early Christianity;
- Sullivan, James, The Hardest Working Man: How James Brown Saved the Soul of America;
- Sumner, Graham, Roman Military Clothing (1) 100 BC-AD 200;
- Sumner, Graham, Roman Military Clothing (2) AD 200-400;
- Suskind, Ron, The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11:
- Swanston, Malcolm, Mapping History Battles and Campaigns;
- Swiderski, Richard M., Quicksilver: A History of the Use, Lore, and Effects of Mercury;
- Swiderski, Richard M., Quicksilver: A History of the Use, Lore, and Effects of Mercury;
- Swift, Jonathan, Gulliver's Travels;
- Syme, Ronald, The Roman Revolution;
- Talley, Colin L., A History of Multiple Sclerosis;
- Tawil, Camille, Brothers In Arms: The Story of al-Qa'ida and the Arab Jihadists;
- Tech Briefs: Engineering Solutions for Design & Manufacturing;
- Tech Net: The Microsoft Journal for IT Professionals;
- Tech Partner: Gain a Competitive Edge Through Solutions Providers;
- Technology & Learning: Ideas and Tools for Ed Tech Leaders;
- Tenet, George, At the Center of the Storm: The CIA During America's Time of Crisis;
- Thackeray, W. M., Vanity Fair;
- Thompson, Derrick & William Martin, Have Guitars ... Will Travel: A Journey Through the Beat Music Scene in Northampton 1957-66;
- Tolstoy, Leo, Anna Karenina;
- Trento, Joseph J., The Secret History of the CIA;
- Twain, Mark, The Gilded Age: a Tale of Today;
- Ungar, Craig, House of Bush House of Saud;
- Unterberger, Richie, The Unreleased Beatles Music & Film;
- VAR Business: Strategic Insight for Technology Integrators:
- Virgil, The Aeneid
- Virtualization Review: Powering the New IT Generation;
- Visual Studio: Enterprise Solutions for .Net Development;
- VON Magazine: Voice, Video & Vision;
- Wall Street Technology: Business Innovation Powered by Technology;
- Wallace, Robert, Spycraft: The Secret History of the CIA's Spytechs, from Communism to al-Qaeda;
- Wang, Wallace, Steal This Computer Book 4.0: What They Won’t Tell You About the Internet;
- Ward-Perkins, The Fall of Rome and the End of Civilization;
- Warren, Robert Penn, All the King's Men;
- Wasik, John F., Cul-de-Sac Syndrome: Turning Around the Unsustainable American Dream;
- Weber, Karl, Editor, Lincoln: A President for the Ages;
- Website Magazine: The Magazine for Website Success;
- Weiner, Tim, Enemies: A History of the FBI;
- Weiner, Tim, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA;
- West, Bing, The Strongest Tribe: War, Politics, and the Endgame in Iraq;
- Wharton, Edith, The Age of Innocence;
- Wilcox, Peter, Rome's Enemies (1) Germanics and Dacians;
- Wise, Terence, Armies of the Carthaginian Wars 265 - 146 BC;
- Wissner-Gross, What Colleges Don't Tell You (And Other Parents Don't Want You To Know) 272 Secrets For Getting Your Kid Into the Top Schools;
- Wissner-Gross, What High Schools Don't Tell You;
- Wolf, Naomi, Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for American Revolutionaries;
- Wolf, Naomi, The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot;
- Woodward, Bob, Plan of Attack;
- Woodward, Bob, The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White House;
- Wright, Lawrence, The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11;
- Wright-Porto, Heather, Beginning Google Blogger;
- Xenophon, The Anabasis of Cyrus;
- Yergin, Daniel, The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money, & Power;
Handy Tools, Links, etc.
Online Armor lets you view your firewall status.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Blog Smith Headline Animator
- ► 2014 (1221)
- ► 2013 (1266)
- ► 2012 (2427)
- ► 2011 (1976)
- 'Indignant' Muslims reject U.S. request to counter...
- Beyond Google: Top 10 Search Engines by David Kapu...
- Obama's Three Year Old African-Kenyan Father Serve...
- Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American...
- Progressive ‘Historian’ Howard Zinn Lied About Red...
- Monroe County, TN officials threaten citizens dist...
- These Bozos Want to Run Our Health Care?
- Allen West on Islam
- Time-Lapse Twitter Visualization Shows America’s M...
- China No.1 Around 2025
- Obama's Vietnam
- Post-American Presidency: Pamela Geller on Fox and...
- AlJazeera English reviews the American financial c...
- The American History Guys trace the modern day co...
- John Adams, God Save the United States
- Anti-Free Speech Obama; Pro-Islamic Obama
- RealCatholicTV.com Produced "Obamageddon!"
- 7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost ...
- Pro-Islamic Clips
- No Swine Flu Shot for Obama Kids: How About the Pe...
- Christopher C. Horner, of the Federalist Society, ...
- Obama's Manufacturing Czar Quotes Mao
- Budget Deficits for Dummies
- Krauthammer on Fox, Obama, Dunn & Media wars
- David Plouffe, Business in Dubai (including Al Gor...
- Senior W.H. Correspondent Helen Thomas: New Book
- WH Communications Director Tells International Aud...
- Kansas Lawmaker Reposts Controversial ‘RedNeckRap’...
- Sheriff Joe Enforcing the Law: Annoys Law-Breakers...
- Upstate Warrior tells it like it is.
- Al Gore Advised Google About 'Search Quality'
- One Mainframe To Rule Them All
- A new video from the Center for Freedom and Prospe...
- How to Find Scrubbed Article About Kenyan Born Oba...
- NOT EVIL JUST WRONG – The Movie Al Gore Doesn’t Wa...
- Geert Wilders, Chairman, Party for Freedom, the Ne...
- Obama Edges Closer to Atomic Bombing Apology
- DHS official slammed at Black Hat
- But Does She Have a Long-Form Birth Certificate?
- Sessions to Senate: Don't Rubberstamp Progressive ...
- Clinton Appointee Blocks Arizona's Sovereignty
- Democrat: Let's have mandatory national service
- March on Washington Against Police Brutality Aug ...
- From the White House to the Big House: 25 Impeacha...
- The President Wears Prada
- Jindal Calls Obama’s Actions in Gulf a ‘War’ on Lo...
- Obama Once Again Makes Erroneous Claim That Foreig...
- Police State for Christians in New Mexico
- Glimpses of Bin Laden: Now WikiLeaks reveals Al Qa...
- Oops! Defense can't account for $8.7 billion
- Democratic Socialists Exploit Arizona Immigrants
- Physicist Declares Climate Change a Fraud
- IAN HUNTER AT HIGH VOLTAGE 25 JULY 2010
- Wikileaks' Dedicated Page for the Afghan War Diary...
- Obama Lied About Lockerbie, Correspondence Withhel...
- What Happens When a Flag Burner Attacks America?
- FIOS Verizon In-Home Agent
- Ten local incidents where photographers were asked...
- Goldman Sachs Redistributes $4.3 Billion in Taxpay...
- Pakistan Supports Terror; Yet, U.S. Sends Billions...
- Anita Moncrief FEC charges against Obama administr...
- Pamela Geller vs "Palestine Center" Rap Artist, De...
- Allen West Will heal America
- Sharia (Islamic) Law in New Jersey
- Joe Elliot's Down 'N' Outz Featuring Ian Hunter - ...
- Hector Maldonado demonstrates how the DNC did not ...
- U.S. Trained Special Operations Forces Now Mexican...
- No Mosque at Ground Zero, Cordoba
- British school project declares Obama born in Keny...
- Jindahl states rigs are gone to Africa
- A new German study shows that boys growing up in p...
- EPA Official Tells All About The Oil Spill
- Who Killed Jim Miller, Monroe County, Tennessee?
- Pentagon Plans Presidential Communications Network...
- Three-Quarters of Congressmen Support Auditing the...
- India unveils $35 computer for students
- Judge sharply questions federal argument against A...
- CNN Host Calls for an End to the 1st Amendment
- A Muslim Soldier
- 'Muslim Mafia' case: Hamas spinoff 'fishing' to ho...
- 'Lose Christianity or face expulsion'
- Almost Free online services that store, sync and s...
- Dr. Marvin Scott for Congress on the Subject of Is...
- Retired Army Major General Jerry Ralph Curry appea...
- A Handy Guide to Fighting the Muslim Brotherhood
- The New Racial Mess, Victor Davis Hanson
- Ian Hunter Quiz
- Quiz Generators for Techie Teachers
- Mark Bauerlein, The Dumbest Generation: How the Di...
- Obama's worst nightmare
- DNR Publishes, Distributes, Promotes Global Warmin...
- Presidents On U.S.-Muslim Ties
- 1984: More BP Doctored Photoshop Photos
- Bring Your Own Toilet Paper
- Americans Declining Confidence in Institutions
- Muslim Would-Be Killer of South Park Arrested
- Obama: `Acted Stupidly,' as Racial Profiling Start...
- High School Students Want More Technology in Colle...
- How Financial Reform Discriminates -- Unless Your ...
- Tennesee Fitzpatrick Case Gets Stranger, and More ...
- July 21, 2010 Documents show media plotting to kil...
- Religion Adviser to Obama Close to Ground Zero Mos...
- About Manhattan Declaration New Video
- Kagan: 1st Sharia (Islamic law) Compliant Supreme ...
- China oil spill
- Oliver Stone: Socialize Oil, Just Like Venezuela
- Computers to translate world's 'lost' languages af...
- Nat Hentoff on Drones, Contemporary, Technological...
- US financial system support up $700 bln in past ye...
- Ask for Natural Born Citizen Status: In Fact Docum...
- Hatch: ‘All Kinds of Pressure’ by Democrats Not to...
- Census Officials in New York Instructed Workers to...
- Zamzar: Online File Conversion
- Jewish Life in America, c1654-1954
- $23M of U.S. Taxpayer Dollars Spent in Kenya to Fu...
- I Wonder if This Guy is CIA
- Hillary, Hint, Pakistanis Will Not Divulge Osama S...
- Why Doesn't Pakistan Have Dams? Hospitals? They Do...
- Study Outlines How Obama’s Moratorium Negatively I...
- `America Is Not for White People,' Brown Berets
- Bias and bigotry in academia
- Racist NAACP Speaker
- "Modern Islam"- Ford Hall Forum Debate/ Boston- 04...
- Crash course: HTML 5 video
- Somebody Needs to Change Their Outfit
- U.S. Taxpayers Fund Islamic Enclave in Philadelphi...
- Round 2: Geller vs. Ramey, Muslim American Society...
- Green Power Equals: Britain faces years of blackou...
- Repudiating the Historic Racism of Malcolm X and t...
- World Wealth Redistribution: Pakistan $500 Million...
- "It's basically a nude picture:" TSA Scans 12-Year...
- China Passes U.S. as World's Biggest Energy Consum...
- A hidden world, growing beyond control
- Def Leppard Singer Elliot Is Down N' Outz for Mott...
- Tea Party Speaker Calls Out KKK Members: Herman Ca...
- Now Barry is From Switzerland?
- Heating Up in Arizona
- The Russian Agents, Obama, and the Cover-up
- Updated 07.15.10, The Decline: The Geography of a ...
- Obama Lied, Administration Now Defends Insurance M...
- Obama's Transformation of American Religious Pract...
- Brzezinski Describes Obama as the New Carter: Anot...
- Hezbollah Bombing in Mexico
- Mexico's Drug War
- Ian Hunter (and later Jethro Tull), Boca Rotan, FL...
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Obama Violating the Logan Act in His Homeland of K...
- Washington Post To Release Intelligence
- Lakin Appeals Army's Fitness Report: DECORATED ARM...
- Soetoro's Family Chef Now 'senior policy adviser'...
- 46% say Obama is pro-Palestinian
- Even God is Upset With D.C.
- Fed Gets More Power, Responsibility
- Joey Vento supports Arizona
- A speech every U.S. high-school principal should g...
- FDR Prolonged the Great Depression
- Obama's Nanny State Free Health Rationing Plan Goe...
- BP: No oil leaking into Gulf from busted well
- Muslim vs. Mosque
- Classified Documents About Awlaki Reveal 9/11 Conn...
- FBI weblinks promote Ayers, Peltier
- China Censors Security Talk
- It's All Bush's Fault
- Sheeple of America by Payday Monsanto
- Dick Morris: ‘Ghettoizing Obama’
- CNN Ground Zero Mosque Debate: Pamela Geller vs. M...
- Brief for 9 states (1 territory) backs Arizona imm...
- U.S. paid Iranian nuclear scientist $5 million for...
- Union/Activist Financial Promotion Bill to Pass
- Privacy and Social Networks
- Geno's Steaks Supports Arizona
- Catholic Professor Fired for Telling Students in C...
- Spy swap puts halt to fact finding
- Obama Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Ab...
- WH Says Al Qaeda is Racist
- This is a Racism Test.
- NASA Head Choked Up When Describing What the Middl...
- Obama's Islamic Agenda: A Year Appraisal After Cai...
- Sound Art
- Senator: Resolve eligibility in court
- Hacking for Kids: Promoting Computer Use for Ameri...
- BP worker fired for taking a Picture of what is go...
- China Financially Downgrades the U.S.
- High School Student Interviews Politician
- Where is the Oil Spill Headed?
- Time Line of Obama's Gulf Disaster
- Obama Promotes Green Jobs: For Korea
- Media Mogul States He Wrote Obama Speech
- Marines Patrol L.A.: Getting Americans Acclimated ...
- Obama Defends Islam Against the Military
- Democratic Congressman Loses Temper Over Obama's E...
- Islamists Strike Again: At Least 64 Dead
- Democrats Document that Obama Stole Primary from H...
- Progressives Wave the White Flag
- At their summit last month, one developed country ...
- Holder Implies Weakness of Fed Anti-AZ Move
- ACORN Voter Fraud for 2010 Election
- Reagan vs. Obama, Gov't is the Problem or Gov't is...
- The BP/Government police state
- Historians locate King Arthur's Round Table
- Businesses step up criticism of Obama's agenda
- Historian warns of sudden collapse of American ‘em...
- Alabama beach: BP Using Law Enforcement to Harrass...
- Zbigniew Brzezinski: "It is easier to kill one mil...
- Obama's Pro-Islamic Energy Policy: Oil-Rig Relocat...
- Clinton to Wed Jewish Representative to Muslim Mod...
- Megyn Kelly Interview With New Black Panther
- Kagan Does Not Believe in "natural rights" As Defi...
- Assistant AG Deputy Julie Fernandes: “Never Bring ...
- Judicial Watch Files Congressional Ethics Complain...
- Legal Immigrant from Mexico, Now Senate Candidate,...
- New Black Panther Incriminates Himself in Voter In...
- Rocket and Chem Trail (UFO) Shut Down China's Zhej...
- 55% of Likely Voters Find ‘Socialist’ an Accurate ...
- Five reasons why China will rule tech
- Gibbs Evades Whether Obama Agrees With Health-Care...
- Ok, We Picked Up Two More But Its Still Russia 10 ...
- Race and gender employment ratios, if not quotas, ...
- Starting Ian Hunter Time Line
- Top 10 Sites for Creating Timelines
- Image Detective
- Your Next Read Assembles Recommended Books
- A True Moderate Muslim And Why Obama Sides Against...
- HearWho.com, Free Audio Files to Play, Cut and Pas...
- NBC Learn Social Studies Widget
- NOAA Model: Greatest Oil Impact to Stay in Already...
- YouTube HTML5 Powered Mobile Website
- GAO slams White House for failing to lead on cyber...
- Obama Appointee Advocates Russian Interests
- U.S. Deploys More Missiles Near China
- Our New Ally? Russia Continues to Buzz U.S. Airspa...
- Supercool School
- Kylo Web Browser for Your TV
- GlideTV Navigator for Internet Viewing
- Major advances in understanding emotions conveyed ...
- No Racism Here
- First humans arrived in Britain 250,000 years earl...
- Obama's Med Czar: Anti-Free Enterprise, Promotes R...
- Rod Stewart - Rhythm of my heart [HQ] , Dedicated ...
- Turning Points in Warfare: Keegan
- Against the Cyber Bill?
- Trailer for "Atomic Jihad: Ahmadinejad's Coming Wa...
- U.S. 2 vs. Russia 11
- TSA Reverses "Controversial Opinion" Web Policy
- Halberstam's Insight About Obama's General and Ame...
- David Halberstam, Global Economy, and Middle Class...
- Top 10 Sites for Creating Slide Shows
- How to block the Kagan nomination
- Arizona Gold
- Bernard Lewis on Muslim Scientific Decline, Renais...
- Kagan Falsified Abortion Document: Smooth Sailing ...
- Citizen Journalist Documents Military Presence in ...
- Damning report on oil spill response
- Bis Sis Bans TSA from Duties: Allows Porn
- Schoolbook hunky-dory with Islam, but skunks Jesus...
- Analyst: Obama has U.S. economy in 'death spiral'
- Shy, Retiring, New Yorker Makes a Few Remarks Abou...
- Generation Zero - Official Trailer
- Are we truly one nation, indivisible?
- Lt Colonel Allen West July 4th Proclamation
- Photographer detained by police, BP employee near ...
- Germany focuses on cutting spending
- China, the world’s fastest-growing major economy, ...
- Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero...
- US Bows to Demands by Muslim World that the Final ...
- A Citizen's Reading for July 4th: The Declaration ...
- Governor Christie Closes New Jersey Deficit Withou...
- Separation of Religion and State: Unless its Islam...
- You Know We Are Censored When Gov't Propaganda CNN...
- Majority of American Afghanistan Casualties Occurr...
- Retired Lt. Commander Fitzpatrick Demonstrates Evi...
- Constitutional TEA Party Candidate Files Against E...
- "Fleeting association?" Clinton/Obama On KKK's Byr...
- Dad Life
- Obama Ayers Meeks Pfleger
- Dr. Wafa Sultan Supports Geert Wilders
- GM's Auto Sales in China Top US for First Time
- More People Give Up Looking for Work
- Exclusive: ‘Muslims-Only’ Enclave Thrives In Phila...
- Unemployment Creates Jobs: Huh? Pelosi Gem
- GE's Chief: Stop China Colonizing U.S.
- Don't Blame Me
- Islamic "dawa" (missionary) Activity Promoted by O...
- Jewish Goods Stolen and Destroyed
- Portland Police Reopen Al Gore Sex Abuse Allegatio...
- Sestak, the CAIR Candidate
- Morphing cars and planes closer as Pentagon develo...
- ▼ July (292)
- ► 2009 (1560)
- ► 2008 (775)
"Congress: I'm Watching"
A tax on toilet paper; I kid you not. According to the sponsor, "the Water Protection and Reinvestment Act will be financed broadly by small fees on such things as . . . products disposed of in waste water." Congress wants to tax what you do in the privacy of your bathroom.